free hit
counters
Emira UK Roadshow - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Emira UK Roadshow

Evotion

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
6 minutes ago, marclurr said:

I'm also an Oakmere customer, messaged Simon yesterday he said and they haven't got a date confirmed yet. Where are you finding the booking page?

https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/emira-roadshow/

I booked on the Concord Hangar event, 5th Nov at 11am.

Top tip - it doesn't work in Safari - use Chrome

• Like 1

With the link - does this suggest that anyone can book to see it, even if they have not put a deposit down

6 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

With the link - does this suggest that anyone can book to see it, even if they have not put a deposit down

I don’t think so, I presume deposit holders only as the confirmation email contained my name. Which must have been looked up from my email when placing a deposit.

47 minutes ago, worldwidewebs said:

Looking at the roadshow booking page I don't see Oakmere listed but Concorde Hangar, Manchester Airport is. Not received an email yet either. Anyone else on the Oakmere list with any info?

That list is currently incomplete 

/taps nose

Looks like they’ve messed it up if there’s no verification that you’re a deposit holder.  

6 minutes ago, TomE said:

Looks like they’ve messed it up if there’s no verification that you’re a deposit holder.

Bit embarrassing to potentially unbook someone who has not actually paid a deposit but had registered an interest at the start of July.

9 minutes ago, TomE said:

/taps nose

Yes. Apparently Oakmere are looking for a larger venue due to the amount of interest!

• Gold FFM

Ha, nice spot. I don't think we are meant to have seen that yet but I booked in anyway 😇

cal1.PNG.1766835b40ead3d2f90e4e65cda97da8.PNG

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Well I've managed to book multiple slots and have confirmation emails for all of them.  Literally no validation on anything.  A disappointingly amateur system.

I wonder if they actually count the bookings for each slot against the capacity allowed?

Another Oakmere customer/deposit holder here. I have booked for Manchester Airport for the 5/11/21 @11:00. This will be a great venue for the roadshow, I've been to lots of events there over the years (I worked at the airport for 20 years). Note: the booking form does not work through the Firefox web browser, I booked it using Microsoft Edge.

1 minute ago, exeterjeep said:

I wonder if they actually count the bookings for each slot against the capacity allowed?

I'm booked in for Manchester Airport and the Concord visitor centre has a large capacity, so it may be difficult to get near the car if it is full to capacity. Not really the deposit holder experience that we were perhaps expecting.

9 minutes ago, TomE said:

Well I've managed to book multiple slots and have confirmation emails for all of them.  Literally no validation on anything.  A disappointingly amateur system.

Are all the e.mails addressed to you personally i.e. Dear Mr Exxxxxxx? The form did not ask me for my surname and the e.mail confirmation is addressed to my surname, so they must be looking something up in a database? Perhaps the system checks that you are a deposit holder only, but does not limit you to the number of sessions you can attend. It is a poor show that it is not comaptible with some web browsers (doesn't work on Firefox or Safari)

1 minute ago, Johnhoward said:

does not limit you to the number of sessions you can attend

In case you have placed more than 1 deposit?

I've booked to go to my local one in Colchester but I'm on Silverstone's list as an early deposit holder. Hopefully that won't be a problem...

Frustratingly, Aimee couldn't give me the date that Silverstone were getting the car even 48 hours ago!

• Gold FFM
43 minutes ago, TomE said:

/taps nose

Hethel option (in the absence of Strattons)? Ludicrous that I live 5 miles from the factory but nearest option so far is Colchester…..

• Gold FFM

To be fair - I don't think was meant to be released - it might yet be fettled and more robust.

Apparently, there are 172 people turning up  at  B&C on Tuesday morning :)  

Get the bacon rolls on.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

I don't make a habit of moaning but this is looking bloody ridiculous. I'm on Oakmere customer, relatively high up on their list. From these posts it sounds like I'm going to have to fight my way through a crowd to catch a fleeting glimpse of a single car - this is NOT the early deposit holder's experience I was hoping for and I'm going to find it very difficult to commit to order on the back of such.

However, I have faith in the guys at Oakmere so I'm really hoping that they have something up their sleeves for us :hope:

• Like 2

So the deposit holders who have booked slots today will have to cancel those and get the correct slots on their days - seems a bit of a mess. I believe that Hendy Exeter only have the 1.5 days mentioned?