free hit
counters
Drivers Pack and Suspension/Tyre Choices - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Drivers Pack and Suspension/Tyre Choices

• Gold FFM

I can see the choice of suspension set-up and tyre/tire choice being a tough one for most of us.

Here are the options:

p1.PNG.e991d3568d24048f256e735df2a04343.PNG

It currently looks like the Drivers Pack is included in the First Edition.

The conundrum is does one go for the Sports Suspension or the Touring Suspension (and which tyre with that).

p2.PNG.30166542d7364301756fef7d6d0a7875.PNG

This may have to be guesswork as we are unlikely to be able to drive all set-ups before confirming our spec.

My first though, as the V6 is to be a road car only, is that the Touring suspension that comes with the Goodyears is sensible.

However, the Sports Suspension with the Cup 2 tyres will give ultimate feel on the road (and track if you want) and is likely the set-up of choice in the second-hand market should you come to sell it  (unless it is proven to be too stiff for most road use)

Your thoughts?

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Yeah, I recall that  - it will be down to personal use and how they like a car to 'feel'. I actually like a firm car though the firm set-up in the Sport 410 I drove was mad but controlling it was ultimately satisfying.

I may wimp out on the V6 - the AMG4cyl will def be the hard core choice.

On 19/09/2021 at 17:57, TomE said:

As I think I've mentioned on other threads, I'm going to take the advice I had from Gav Kershaw and go for Touring with the Eagle tyres, then swap to Cup tyres for track days if I feel the need for the extra benefit.  My use is 95% fast road, including the knackered surfaces on most Surrey A- and B-roads and some concrete-surfaced motorways plus maybe 5% on track.

He said Sports was track-focused and for most people doing road driving on mixed surfaces and the odd track day then Touring would be the best bet.  He also said Sport + Eagles for road use would be a bigger compromise than Touring + Cup for track.

Funnily enough asked my friend today who also has deposit down what he was going for chassis wise and he also mentioned going with advice of Gav re touring for fast road use. 

From comparing my Evora 400 I would say the 410 versions had better suspension for fast road use, but vs the V6 Exiges I’ve owned they were really too stiff for the cotswold roads I frequent, often getting the car airborne. 

Think Gav is probably right here, as if I look back to my Alpine A110 it was very supple suspension but absolutely nailed the bumpy roads at speed.  Same for my 52 year old Elan +2. It embarrasses many modern sport cars for ride control at speed.

Hmmmmm decision, decisions  

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• Gold FFM

Agh, we just don;t know. 

Sounds like I/we might have to play it safe.

I have other cars so I will never actually intend to ever drive the Emira in the rain. The Cup 2 tyres made sense.

Still, if the car is far too hard then it will definitely spoil the experience a bit.

I just don;t like the idea of 'settling' for a soft option. Doesn;t sit well with my ego 😃

• 2 weeks later...

I’m in the predicament now, had my email today with the link for the configurator. I’ve pretty much decided on everything (apart from maybe Ice Grey vs Alcantara with yellow stitching), I just need to decide what box to tick on the suspension. My head is saying the touring is the best option, but it feels weird not ticking the sports option on a sports car. 

• Like 2