free hit
counters
‘Insulate Britain’ blocking motorways. - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

‘Insulate Britain’ blocking motorways.

Chillidoggy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

The PM should call Rockwool, Kingspan (who need some good PR post-Grenfell), Kingfisher (B&Q/Screwfix) to tell them to donate insulation materials to councils. The protesters should be given Community Service Orders to install the free insulation.

There is no way the protesters can refuse to do the punishment, otherwise their tactics would be completely discredited to even those that may have some level of understanding.

Justin

• Gold FFM

I'll put the scaffolding up for the bastards for free ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Still if they want to sit around on motorways, it stops them ringing me up out of the blue to tell me how I can benefit from the Government’s loft insulation scheme, or about a car crash I never had, or about a problem with my broadband supplier, etc.

Really though: how many houses don’t have loft insulation in this day and age? Is it really a big issue for society?

While I do agree that our climate is changing and for the worse, I don't think a few council houses with no cavity wall insulation are the blame, truth be told.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

for a short while i together with two other partners had a business importing and selling a slimline insulation product from france, i also did a short term with  a company in northern ireland selling a similar product and my pitch was three cheapest and most effective ways of reducing your heating bills are : insulation, insulation and insulation !!! i have an air to air source heat pump that heats my bedroom but if the property wasnt well enough insulated it wouldnt work effeciently enough to heat the room so i get the point of insulate britain but not the method used to get the issue across to the government or the public !!!

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

@windymiller you might find this amusing. I too get the point of insulation and the need for it. HOWEVER, just like with energy, people don't value it enough to prioritise it over alcohol, fags, phones, electrical gadgets and holidays.  It's not sexy you see. Just boring.  So as per the story below you end up with a complete and utter [email protected] on TV, making his case for all this disruption and protesting as insulation is soooo important an issue, only to then admit that he hasn't insulated his own home due to the cost.  Well maybe if he got his fooking arse and worked harder to earn, rather than forecasting, and prioritised it as an important issue over alcohol, fags, sky tv etc, then we wouldn't have this problem!  You could not make this up and if it was on a TV programme you'd laugh at how ridiculous the script was....

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/m25-protests-insulate-britain-activist-liam-norton-gmb-susannah-reid-richard-madeley-b956626.html

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

i did see that yes bit like labour letting diane abbot go on tv to make a case for there policies !!!! when i was converting our barn oil was 14p a litre a 19kg bottle of gas around £12, i insulated the place over the spec but not as much as i would of done had i of known where the supply prices were going !!! 🙄

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

So how does this work then, the first day of this protest i had to drive to Maldon Essex which is about 55 miles from my house to pick up some door linings, architrave skirting etc. I know, i know but we needed them and they were only ones who had the lot in stock. 

I got caught up in all this nonsense and over the last 5 months I have

1. Had an extension built with 120mm of insulation/ green roof to follow

2. Had the entire externals of the original house covered in 100mm insulation and rendered 

3. Installed a complete new heating & hot water system 

4. At exceptional cost moved the drains as it turned out the original kitchen and utility drains were running into the surface/rain water drain 

5. Have had the loft completely re-insulated 

6. Installed triple glazing

7. Pulled all the floors up and have insulated underneath

so all they caused me to do was get the pissing ump and use more diesel in the van. 

Twunt-ox's of the highest order. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Gold FFM

Red lion, Prestwich

• Like 1