free hit
counters
Seat and me don't get on! - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Seat and me don't get on!

I have a problem with my seats...

I have seats like the ones in the first pic.  The side bolsters are lower (standard) than in the later top end kit, as in the bottom pic, with the higher sides.

My problem:

- I've had the car close to two years now with about 12k miles covered and the seats have always dug into my manspreading thighs.  OK for an hour or so, but I've just completed 1400 miles/5 days in Wales and I'm sore.

Solution:

- Try the seats on the right and see if they would be better.  

- Buy Tillet B5 or 8 or 6screamer

- Buy any other after market seat maker that fits.

What am I looking for?

- A seat I sit 'in' and doesn't pinch/dig in on my outer thighs.

Background:

- I've moved my standard seat lower and back a good few cm's by using InKinotec Tall rails that I've then modified further.  The seat and position with the 40mm steering spacer is great for driving... but the slight recline I now have is making the initial annoyance of seat bolsters digging in, now a real issue which is painful. Even though the whole seat position is far better.

My question to you is:

Pleas let me know what your experience of seat changing, re-padding, Lotus seat differences, after market seats, etc... that you have.  I'd be very thankful for your guidance.  Cheers

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 15.16.51.png

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 15.20.24.png

Edited by milesofsmiles

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure those lotus carbon seats will be your solution. I have them and they lightly dig into my thunder thighs causing slight numbness on my right.

However you should try them out if you can as they may be better than your standard seats but equally could also actually be a tighter fit. Maybe see if you can try a seat out at your local lotus dealer.

Never tried the tillets so unable to help there.

Good luck, it's a pain in the ass (quite literally) being tall in these cars!

On 25/09/2021 at 16:51, tactical lizard said:

Not sure those lotus carbon seats will be your solution. I have them and they lightly dig into my thunder thighs causing slight numbness on my right.

However you should try them out if you can as they may be better than your standard seats but equally could also actually be a tighter fit. Maybe see if you can try a seat out at your local lotus dealer.

Never tried the tillets so unable to help there.

Good luck, it's a pain in the ass (quite literally) being tall in these cars!

Yep, you're right.  With further reading, I've found that the other Lotus seats will pretty much be the same.  I've tried the B8 and B6 Tillett after speaking to Steve Tillett and I'm going to go with the B6 option in XL.    So, I'm looking forward to getting the seat even further back and lower, to straighten my legs even more.

I have the same problem, the narrow sides cuts into my thighs all the time,. The Tillett B5 has the same narrow sides so that's no option. Also tried the B6 XL, It sits perfect, the downside is that you have to install the 4 point harness belts... the sides of the B6 are to high for standard seat belts. 

Edited by Ghost