free hit
counters
Which Emira are you NOW getting? Time for an update! - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Which Emira are you NOW getting? Time for an update!

Evotion

Which Emira are you NOW getting? Time for an update!  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Gold FFM

The previous poll, a while back, had it at basically 50/50 for those getting a V6 or an AMG i4.

Given that we now know a lot more and the dates have spooked some people out, who has moved stance, who will get a refund and who has stood firm?

On the poll, if you are a new order, just choose the car you will get.  Don't worry about IPS vs Manual.

We will see how many of us have changed our minds and also the new percentage of V6 vs i4.

These are the earliest dates that we can expect to get our Emiras. Given demand, the actual delivery maybe months later.

V6 LE comes out in Spring 2022

AMG i4 comes out in late Summer/early Autumn

Own spec of both comes out in Spring 2023

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Blimey, very early days but, as we expected, already the V6 is surging ahead.

• Gold FFM

Decided to switch to V6 as I think that the Autumn i4 May well end up as a Christmas delivery? Will be very happy with the Toyota lump ( had four cars with it over 10 years and never missed a beat) and I love the sound of a supercharger. Just have to remember to change up in time. Can always order the i4 later. I’m guessing most V6 choosers are going for manual?

• Like 1

I'm still interested in the i4 because of the DCT. I actually took my Focus RS (manual) to the track this weekend and was further convinced I want the DCT. The manual is perfect for backroads, but no fun in traffic, and a lot more to think about when on track. I work remote, so I don't drive much, so I'm mostly concerned about the track.

But that is if the price is competitive, and I'll likely wait for an ~400+ HP version of it.

There were several people on the deposit dates thread who were originally “undecided” on engine choice.  Some people may be in that situation now.  Sorry that adds about eleventeen further permutations!

• Gold FFM

This is interesting I sure there were more i4 wanted before the price release.  

Is the main motivation the V6 or that its be produced first?  I guess if there are too many V6 orders it may push back the i4FE.

All the Best

Greg

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, MJON said:

I’m guessing most V6 choosers are going for manual?

Yeah, 90 - 95% I estimate from the previous poll and talk since. Very rarely mentioned.

34 minutes ago, PJS said:

First post here  (after a few hours of lurking) so hello  - thought I'd best bring myself up to speed on all things Emira, placed my deposit with JCT600 the day after the big reveal so hopefully nearer to the front on the queue than the back. I'll be going V6 manual which will risk the wrath of the wife who'd prefer the auto. Really hoping it will be a suitable as  daily driver as I'm clocking up 20k miles a year!  Took a look close up at Hampton Court recently and pleased with what i saw. 

Welcome and great choice!

Sounds like a DCT will really work for you BUT this is a last chance to get a manual non-electric Lotus.

1 hour ago, DarrylV8 said:

Was undecided when deposit was placed and still undecided 

Undecideds can update this in October! :)

Am looking forward to next week but if I have still not heard from Lotus by then, well, my mood might be different.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Ha, far more sensible but the V6 will tickle the senses a bit more.

So tough that none of us on here will get to drive one of them, never mind both,. before we choose.

I didn't vote.

It would still be 'None' which isn't an option in the poll.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

just putting the Evora in a new frock is not enough for me, drove one at launch and never really saw it as a must have 

however adding AMG into the mix does it for me

Noted a post on Fb page today from somebody who had a call today and was advised current split is about 50/50 v6 v i4 - good question to ask.

had a call from an 03 nr this morning - disappointed it turned out to be from O2

construction and property consultants : My company

7 hours ago, simonb said:

just putting the Evora in a new frock is not enough for me, drove one at launch and never really saw it as a must have 

however adding AMG into the mix does it for me

Compared to the Evora the Emira has a different aluminium tub, front and rear sub-frames, wishbones, uprights, brakes, steering rack, electrical system and HVAC, not to mention wheels and tyres and all the glass, but yup, apart from that is is just an Evora in a party frock 🙂

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

🤔Sure but still a well toned and tested muscle structure underneath the frills 🏋️♂️

• Like 1

You don't have to read it Pete and can set up your own View New Content feed based on your own interests. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1 hour ago, ramjet said:

I have to ask why people keep saying this regarding the Emira?

To me, the Emira looks far more like a baby Evija than it does a 'refrocked' Evora.

Now you’re going to upset all the TLF Evija deposit holders!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok. If you have an Evija deposit, please put your hand up and I'll publicly apologise.

And yes, you have to show proof of your deposit. I'm not just going take you at your word. Sorry, but that's me. :coffee:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

10 hours ago, ramjet said:

I have to ask why people keep saying this regarding the Emira?

Lotus gave the car a completely different name. Lotus didn't call it the Evora S6 or anything like that. Bibs has said that the Emira and the Evora don't have any parts in common. Ok, the V6 and its associated gearbox choice are the same, but that's it. The I4 with a DCT box will not have any parts in common with the Evora, so where does the new frock thought come from?

Not having a crack at you Simon, but you are not the only person to have said similar on here.

To me, the Emira looks far more like a baby Evija than it does a 'refrocked' Evora.

If there is not an Emira test drive available, and I wobble before my deposit gets fixed, I would go straight to an Evora to check the dynamics suit me

I see it as a benefit that Lotus already have a product in that market, that is getting a small mechanical evolution.  Dynamics does not seem to be one of the Evora's flaws