free hit
counters
Which Emira are you NOW getting? Time for an update! - Page 3 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Which Emira are you NOW getting? Time for an update!

Evotion

Which Emira are you NOW getting? Time for an update!  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Gold FFM

I got my config email today for just one car.

Specced and paid 3k.

No mention of the other order.

No call.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
4 hours ago, MJON said:

Still yet to get a call 😏 was originally going i4 but upon realising delay, thinking switch to V6. So I just specced up my choice and I’m just below £80k plus OTR if I go with the auto box (plus posh steering wheel), but it’s no DCT. Whats the view on taking the V6 in the auto version, is it a decent drive, i.e Evora 4xx or could it be a limiting factor on a resale?

After having 2 Evora’s with a manual box the latest being year 1 year old 410sport I would definitely go for the auto if i still had my deposit in place, in my opinion the most disappointing aspect of the Evora is its manual gearbox and it looks like the very same box is going into the Emira. Don’t get me wrong its not all bad, it does change nice and ratios are good, the bad is the first two gears can be a pain with transmission shunt and in town it gets very tiresome with the clutch being so heavy. It looks like duel clutch are not so popular now with most manufacturers going back torque converter route, obviously finding big improvements probably from upgrades in software, something that Lotus could easily do with what is already a very good auto box. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

@MJON - I know several Evora 4XX owners on here that have the V6 with the IPS box. I am sure they will be along to tell you what a wonderful car it is. I'm a 4xx manual driver but have spent some time on really fast road trips on the Isle of Man with 4xx IPS owners. I can tell you right now, that those 4XX IPS cars were quick and also the IPS cars makes the drivers sound like gods.  Please do not listen to naysayers who don't have a 4XX IPS, let the owners tell you themselves, I do believe very few, if any, regret it!

You're right. I owned a Evora S auto and currently own a 400 auto. I think a lot of people think the 4XX auto is basically a slightly faster shifting S1 auto. Its so much faster you wouldn't even know it was the same gearbox. That combined with the better exhaust note its almost night and day. Its pretty amazing what Lotus did with that torque converter. My only issue with the torque converter on the Emira is how confusing it is having a DCT on the i4 and torque converter on the V6.

Edited by Likuid
  • Like 2

9k miles in 400 auto. Loved it and will spec it on Emira. 

• Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

8 hours ago, C8RKH said:

@MJON - I know several Evora 4XX owners on here that have the V6 with the IPS box. I am sure they will be along to tell you what a wonderful car it is. I'm a 4xx manual driver but have spent some time on really fast road trips on the Isle of Man with 4xx IPS owners. I can tell you right now, that those 4XX IPS cars were quick and also the IPS cars makes the drivers sound like gods.  Please do not listen to naysayers who don't have a 4XX IPS, let the owners tell you themselves, I do believe very few, if any, regret it!

Certainly no regrets from the both of us, the 430 IPS was a major step up to our 2015 S IPS in speed of gear change and smoothness after the change 

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

7 hours ago, Likuid said:

Its so much faster you wouldn't even know it was the same gearbox.

I seem to remember that the entire gearchange from paddle press to drive was reduced from 1.6 seconds in the S1 to 0.6 seconds in the 4xx cars.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Thanks all for the feedback re 4xx IPS, just been reading up on some old Evora 400 reviews. Absolutely glowing, so if this is the starting point for the Emira everyone should be very happy with their purchase.  

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Id consider it myself but nobody from Lotus has commented on it.

There gave been lots positive vibes on the rest of the car.

Still, we all enough time to get in an IPS car for a test.

• Gold FFM

I've now made my decision to wait for the i4 model.  Lotus are still talking about November next year but the dealer thinks it be more likely in early 2023.

just now waiting for the full information on the i4spec.  

• Like 2

All the Best

Greg

Evening,

I had my call for the 2nd deposit earlier this week.

On the roadshow I was led to believe the first edition will only be able to be ordered for a limited time and after this it will be the base V6 + options.

But when I got the call I was told the first edition will be made throughout 2022 which is a complete contrast to the roadshow? surely the first edition cannot be a year long production?

You can only order a V6 FE this year.  The demand has been so high it will take April to roughly Nov/Dec 2022 to build all of them. 

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, AZD said:

Evening,

I had my call for the 2nd deposit earlier this week.

On the roadshow I was led to believe the first edition will only be able to be ordered for a limited time and after this it will be the base V6 + options.

But when I got the call I was told the first edition will be made throughout 2022 which is a complete contrast to the roadshow? surely the first edition cannot be a year long production?

Also, the sheer demand of the LE V6 has led to Lotus extending their original plans.

This has had, it seems, the affect of pushing back the i4 FE version a bit.

• Gold FFM

Got my call on Friday couldn’t take it as was otherwise engaged. They followed up with a mail and I spoke to them this morning re my choice “FE i4”, still stating official line as Autumn 22. Just received confirmation return mail. So now the wait, I’m guessing early 23 delivery?

1 hour ago, Nimbus-in-Notts said:

I heard a V6 at Central

So what model was that, did you go out in it as well.

I went and drove a V6 manual Exige 410 and automatic Evora 410 at B&C last weekend and they sounded amazing and now I want an Exige lol, no questions in my mind that it's the V6 manual for me. The clutch and gearbox in the Exige was a surprise though, is the clutch that laboursome in the Evora? which i ask as I guess the Emira clutch pedal would follow the Evora? I loved it in the Exige but I am concerned about it in the Emira when I want a more relaxed drive or am in traffic.

37 minutes ago, Emiralust said:

I went and drove a V6 manual Exige 410 and automatic Evora 410 at B&C last weekend and they sounded amazing and now I want an Exige lol, no questions in my mind that it's the V6 manual for me. The clutch and gearbox in the Exige was a surprise though, is the clutch that laboursome in the Evora? which i ask as I guess the Emira clutch pedal would follow the Evora? I loved it in the Exige but I am concerned about it in the Emira when I want a more relaxed drive or am in traffic.

What are your thoughts on the auto? Im coming from a PDK so any info will be helpful.

Im still waiting for my call though 😭😭😭

Also what was the sound like?

• Gold FFM
3 minutes ago, MaJiK said:

What are your thoughts on the auto? Im coming from a PDK so any info will be helpful.

Had the same concerns when considering V6 manual, clutch would be heavy in traffic whereas auto although as I understand from members here much improved on later Evora 4** versions, is not a DC box. I’m also used to and spoilt by PDK boxes which are excellent. So for me personally i4 with DSG is the only comparable option. Just the bloomin wait 😴

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MaJiK said:

Also what was the sound like?

Ive always had double clutch and it definitely was not as good to be honest and i was told there was no way of leaving it permanently in manual, it will go back to auto after 30seconds or so which i hope i was misinformed on. I must admit that it was wet and they asked me to not put the car in sport or race so perhaps the gear changes could have been quicker. It wasn’t bad but i wasn’t blown away by it. The sound however was bang on! And the auto did sound good on the upshifts. It had the volume i miss from my V8 F type, and it reiterates how mundane my Z4 35is is. The sound deadening is obvious in the Evora after going in the Exige however once the window was down it was the same. I came away happy with the sound, not over the moon with auto, concerned about the manual clutch and wanting an Exige! I would recommend going and trying the cars if not just for fun 😁

• Like 2