free hit
counters
female connectors for the light switch - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

female connectors for the light switch

looking around but can't find them, I am looking for a few new female connectors for the dashboard swithes. does somebody know where to get them? 

connector.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

In the USA, we can buy those connectors from hardware or home stores. Any opportunity for a local purchase in Holland? Bring that one spare with you for comparison, of course.

A quick Google found several sources...as well as different size designations. So, be aware.

Here's a USA listing:

https://www.te.com/usa-en/plp/standard-circular-connectors/Y30jJ.html

• Like 1

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

48 minutes ago, CarBuff said:

In the USA, we can buy those connectors from hardware or home stores. Any opportunity for a local purchase in Holland? Bring that one spare with you for comparison, of course.

A quick Google found several sources...as well as different size designations. So, be aware.

Here's a USA listing:

https://www.te.com/usa-en/plp/standard-circular-connectors/Y30jJ.html

was hoping someplace closer to home lol.  was looking on google and I guess the 3mm left the US out, is it 1/8" I need to look for or do they call them 0.125" ?  

anyway I am going to search that link, thanks 

That te.com link was just for education.

Yes, 1/8" = 0.125"

In 1985 Lotus was using a mixture of SAE and metric sizes, which is why I suggested bringing that spare with you. Who knows what the exact size of the connectors were? 🤪 Back in the day, they were commonplace.  A LOT more common than Lucas Bullet connectors...

Maybe you could cut a few connectors off the Spitfire? 😇

++++++++++++++++

What is the issue with the pictured plug?  If it has loosened (enlarged) connectors, a strategic squeeze with a scribe would tighten them up without needing to replace. (On USA cars, though, identical connectors were used in the high-amperage  fuel pump circuits, and they would literally burn up!)

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

45 minutes ago, CarBuff said:

Maybe you could cut a few connectors off the Spitfire? 😇

What is the issue with the pictured plug?  If it has loosened (enlarged) connectors, a strategic squeeze with a scribe would tighten them up without needing to replace. (On USA cars, though, identical connectors were used in the high-amperage  fuel pump circuits, and they would literally burn up!)

the spitfire? nothing standard anymore I'm afraid....

some of the connectors are badly crimped with half broken wires. I want to make the wire loom a bit more reliable and convert to relay's for the heavy loaded one's.  

Try autosparks, I get all my stuff from there and that is a standard connector. Reuse the housing. Also buy their crimp tool if you havnt got one, the ebay ones are cheap, but most are useless.

• Like 1

The Autosparks bit looks to be the same as that depicted on the Minispares site, promising substitute for our originals perhaps. I queried Autosparks for confirmation but the reply was indifferent and non-committal. Thanks for the links chaps!

On 27/09/2021 at 12:16, sailorbob said:

Is it the connector or the terminals you are looking for? If it is the terminals, they could be Rists terminals:

51101169 - 0.65 mm2 - 1.00 mm2 (brass)

51102269 - 0.65 mm2 - 1.00 mm2

51101170 - 1.30 mm2 - 2.00 mm2

looks like it, but out of stock.......

On 27/09/2021 at 13:45, NG5 said:

yes they are the one's as well, but again out of stock.... looks like it is lucas/rists so we are coming closer

thanks so far! 

Brown and Gammons seem to have ones with the lucas number in stock

https://www.ukmgparts.com/product/accessory-nutsbolts-nuts-bolts-washers-ancillaries/connector-female-rocker-switch-cwb530

but they do look slightly different to genuine Lucas ones

https://www.autoelectricalspares.co.uk/lucas-cwb530-3mm-socket-terminal-x-1-4410-p.asp

Edited by NG5

the Brown and Gammons are wrong, maybe they will work but the locking is different, also I have seen many differents in lenght (shorter one's) I don't want to take a risk so will be looking for he lucas terminals