free hit
counters
Emira Colour Samples: First Edition & later versions - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Colour Samples: First Edition & later versions

Snorkel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I'm currently looking at Red and Yellow but if that Green is better looking live then that might take over.

I do like the Nimbus with black pack and I think it will look great on the road if we see one next year,

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM

Definitely think the brighter colours enhance the lines. My first choice initially was the Seneca blue as I previously had Daytona blue and loved it. Although can agree that Nimbus with the black pack and yellow callipers will look classy. Just need to see it in the flesh.

I'm planning to print off the colours from the configurator (will use the images above - thanks!) then take them with me to the viewing for comparison to the real samples. If the configurator looks very close to the real colours then I know I can use it with confidence to make my choice. Hopefully :lol:

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Sounds like a plan.  At least the Blue is known and is nice. The yellow is the safest option overall.

I am not convinced the test paints tomorrow will really help me but I will try my best to visualise it.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

I'm sure this will be a busy thread later with better pictures & videos coming in, but here's an initial look. One of the Lotus marketing chaps kindly posted this in one of the facebook groups.

First thoughts... Magma Red is much brighter than I expected and I do like Nimbus Grey, feels similar to Porsche's Crayon or a lighter Nardo which is a nice modern option.

emira-colours.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mickle said:

I'm sure this will be a busy thread later with better pictures & videos coming in, but here's an initial look. One of the Lotus marketing chaps kindly posted this in one of the facebook groups.

First thoughts... Magma Red is much brighter than I expected and I do like Nimbus Grey, feels similar to Porsche's Crayon or a lighter Nardo which is a nice modern option.

Is bottom right supposed to be Verdant Green? It then seems very dark, it's a pity...

i am struggling to pick a colour based on these samples.

The blue doesn't stand out in the samples but looks stunning in the flesh and the 'dark grey' looks almost black in real life but much light on the samples - this really illustrates the risk if you cannot see the whole car in your colour.

agree red is much brighter than expected and the green much darker.

bring on motorsport green or evora 'hethel edition' blue

construction and property consultants : My company

Need to see some more photos . . . 

• Shadow Grey looks much lighter than it did in real life at Goodwood
  • Blue looks about right, but the sample loses the glamour and impact of the real car
  • Red looks absolutely nothing like the configurator; very bright, almost Ferrari red
  • Nimbus is the surprise . . . looks much nice than the configurator.  It's a very light colour, perhaps similar to Porsche's arctic silver or rhodium silver
  • Green looks very hard to photograph
Edited by Nick in Sydney
  • Like 1

Hopefully someone can get some better shots (looking forward to Ade's promised video). From this picture alone though I'm quite disappointed, I'm now erring towards blue out of caution as I can't picture what the other's will look like on the car.

Edited by marclurr

I'm surprised that was released, it's not really a good indication of the colours as everyone seems to agree. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

11 minutes ago, marclurr said:

Hopefully someone can get some better shots (looking forward to Ade's promised video). From this picture alone though I'm quite disappointed, I'm now erring towards blue out of caution as I can't picture what the other's will look like on the car.

I’m with you, will find it hard to move from blue based on those colours. Seeing them live tonight so hopefully a bit different in the flesh. 

This is why the marketing team should release proper photos of the paint because that is a sub par photo. Don't panic guys wait for a video showing light directly on each one. @Evotion is getting this and I'm seeing it tonight so if nobody puts one up yet I will

They all look very flat to me. The green looks like a primary school kid has brush painted it. Anyone who was at Goodwood knows that the dark grey looks nothing like that. I would reserve your judgment until you see the colours with your own eyes if I was you.