free hit
counters
Emira Colour Samples: First Edition & later versions - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Emira Colour Samples: First Edition & later versions

Snorkel

I think the grey and blue look exactly as they did at goodwood. I am panicking now, as magma red looks more like post box red and verdant looks like ditch water 

• Haha 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You know what would be nice is if we can compare the new colours to their closest matches on the Evora. The Nimbus Grey looks great on the configurator and in that paint sample and if it does look like Crayon, that is a winner for me.

Hi all, i wouldn’t trust that picture, i’ve overlaid the colours on photoshop between the goodwood emira and that colour sample. As you can see they look entirely different in the two photographs. I’m sure as the day goes on we will get better pictures coming up. But definitely take that first picture with a handful of salt

050ED4E1-6406-40A9-8C38-51BBC60F7A78.jpeg

2FDECBC6-A11E-4379-BD74-13A2870B689F.jpeg

Edited by Emiralust
  • Thanks 1

I'm 90% sold on yellow, with blue as the alternative.  Having seen the blue car at Goodwood and knowing what a Lotus solid yellow usually looks like those still look like good options for me.

If I'd been interested in green or red I'd now be confused and concerned.  The greys look good but not like the configurator or other Goodwood car.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jl47 said:

Those colours are so disappointing. If they really look like that then I'm going to cancel and wait for some nice ones.

That's where I am. 

I've asked them to do Motorsport Green but got told a categoric no.

I'll see them for myself in November but it's highly likely I'll defer

• Gold FFM

Another angle - the Nimbus comes alive.

20210928_134232.jpg

Interrsting but expected - all the colours look good in the light!

1 minute ago, KJD said:

A different perspective with the samples in convex might help…

Must have missed you. 

What did you think of the Nimbus? I was surprised how good it looked.

Like a metallic Nardo.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Na, it’s grey. Boring!

Green is too dark, yellow needs metallic in it, red is much better than the config, light grey is interesting,

but I’m still feeling blue.

• Gold FFM

Well, the blue is the safe choice and in times of stress and confusion, people will always fly to safety.

V6 buyers will never see these colours on the actual cars before buying so this is it.. 

I am now even more confused. I really didn;t want to get the blue as I hate being 'safe' :) but it looks very sensible.

I am now really not sure about the red. In fact, I am not sure I actually really like any of them apart from the blue and the nimbus has really stepped up for me.

Mad innit. How can I go from Red and Green to Blue and Grey. Funny old world.

Oops sorry, Nimbus is the light grey, yep that’s interesting.

You’re right, blue is probably safe, but it’s the best of an average bunch, imo.

• Gold FFM

Check out the Nimbus on the configurator with everything else black - imagine it miore silver and metallic and it will look the nuts.

No, I am not on commission to sell Nimbus paint :)

Unfortunately unless someone take a shot with a decent camera and has white balance spot on , then it’s hard to judge colours.  I’ll wait till I see them in the flesh before making a decision. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• Gold FFM
22 minutes ago, DJW said:

Unfortunately unless someone take a shot with a decent camera and has white balance spot on , then it’s hard to judge colours.  I’ll wait till I see them in the flesh before making a decision. 

Of course. I had a look at my pics, they do seem spot on. What we still need tis Lotus to point out cars nearest to them.  I have a better idea now so I will look around.

16 minutes ago, Beady said:

if the red is indeed like fire red then i quite like it.

Almost identical Beady.  Just a tad more 'red' if anything.

16 minutes ago, Beady said:

sounds like green as closer to epsom green?

Yes, it is similar. Still a cool colour and will still go well with tan though the tan looks a smidge different in the flesh.

17 minutes ago, Beady said:

any news on when more colours might be available ?

Spring 2023 still, when the Own-Spec is expected to be put up on the configurator.

All the options will be there, individually priced.

• Gold FFM
8 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I'd hate to go on a trip to Primark with you lot,

Primark!!!!  How very dare you! 😄

I went in Lidl once but wore an old skiing balaclava in case I was spotted.

I was alright until I met my missus. 

I am now a Born-Again Snob 🙈 She made me sell all of my Sports Direct clothing.

Thanks for all the input! Like most of the people here say: it's probably a whole other sight in real life. Red would be my favourite, Nimbus could be the surprise of the day. 🙂 

Here are a few photos I took earlier to throw into the mix, but as said above, without a properly set up camera and a calibrated display they're of limited value. My takeaways from seeing the samples:

Dark verdant - very very dark and unless in direct sunlight can look almost black. I'd say it's darker than shadow grey. I posted a pic in the roadshow thread of the sample against a racing green Evora and it's darker than that.

Magma - deeper red in real life and almost identical to fire red

Nimbus - more silver than on the configurator, which makes it look a bit beige to my eyes. Definitely a metallic paint.

Shadow grey - dark as expected, but I think it's more metallic than I was expecting.

I'm not considering blue or yellow so didn't pay much attention to them.PXL_20210928_120257949.thumb.jpg.620b9cdd34675f4f14a820415a187647.jpgPXL_20210928_124834004.thumb.jpg.7a093f7d3e9916d5901c55c03a112138.jpgPXL_20210928_124815531.thumb.jpg.35c294e8f1cd316df3c3d75aa67f82ec.jpgPXL_20210928_120144825.thumb.jpg.3fa3941519b33aa3495da136b9c87195.jpg

• Like 2

Nimbus sure glitters like a lollypop! 😃 👍

About Magma red => On picture one would say it looks like Calypso Red instead of Fire Red. Shows again the importance of Real Life Viewing vs Forum World Seeing. 😌

Edited by Snorkel
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

Thanks for those images EmiraSi, it’s made me absolutely sure I’m sticking with the nimbus, it’s such a subtle shade, should show the car’s lines extremely well.

The verdant green will look great when it gets caught in sunlight and you get transitions from metallic green to almost black.

Still haven’t seen a Seneca blue sample image that looks anything like the show car.

• Like 1