free hit
counters
Emira Colour Samples: First Edition & later versions - Page 3 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Emira Colour Samples: First Edition & later versions

Snorkel

I’m loving the green!

…Just wondering if red seats and callipers will be a bit much….

a week on Saturday feels like a long old wait to see the car in Bristol.

With a bit of luck lotus might have found my phone number by then!

Edited by Mctaff

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
3 minutes ago, Mctaff said:

…Just wondering if red seats and callipers will be a bit much….

Yes..   

The green is growing on me. Once you get over the darkness in normal light it is still a 'proper' colour and easily the most luxuriant in my opinion. Very classy.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Just now, Evotion said:

Yes..   

The green is growing on me. Once you get over the darkness in normal light it is still a 'proper' colour and easily the most luxuriant in my opinion. Very classy.

Classy. Ha. Suits me! Especially with the red leather…  🤣

Is the black looking car we’ve seen in some photos actually the green?!

Actually just realised it’s the dark gray

that green must be really dark if the gray looks black sometimes!

Edited by Mctaff

• Gold FFM
31 minutes ago, richhickey said:

It seems like all but the yellow are metallic. Can someone who's seen them in person please confirm?

Correct. ALL of them are metallic EXCEPT for the Hethel Yellow.

It has a hint of mustard in it (i.e. a bit of orange/red) so it is not bright Ferrari/Fiat yellow. It looks quite warm though.

The rest are all of a similar metallic tone. The Nimbus light grey was the biggest surprise to me. The metallic nature of the paint gave it real life.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

@Badger77

Welcome. B&C will help you along nicely. Lovely set-up there. Even had somebody helping with finding you a much needed parking space.

"…although for full disclosure, I am colour-blind!"

Might finally be a benefit as your colour deliberation will be easier! :)

• Like 1

Yea, will post them later, it’s my birthday today and doing family dinner but will get to it later.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Badger77 said:

This might need a separate thread and some… to try and get Lotus’s attention on this!  But 1 initial question post B&C visit today… why is the yellow non-metallic?

8F4C5C35-BFE7-4867-AD39-AE66F8B96FF3.jpeg

I personally think that’s a mistake by Lotus…..thar Yellow really should’ve been Metallic😬

• Like 2

The Nimbus Grey looks almost silver in the sunlight - such a shame we can't see these colours on the car.

EDIT - too late, typing whilst you were posting, so it really is more silvery than grey :)

Edited by duncx

My conclusion fwiw:

Verdant: wrong shade 

Magma: can’t do it, Tifosi

Hethal: mmm will you regret it when the next edition arrives and a metallic version is available.

Blue: expect to be common oco mid life crisis 

Shadow: dull

Nimbus: feminine 

As expected… I am unfortunately not colour blind enough!

• Like 2

Just a general question: why are there only 6 colour options for the FE Emiras? They’ve spent all that money on an all-singing-all-dancing painting booth, but restricted the colours to these 6 until 2023. Seems a bit short-sighted to me. There’s going to be loads in the same colour (eg. Seneca blue).

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I have to say - again - that Nimbus looked amazing.  A kind of sexy, silvery, light, flecky explosion of effervescent splendidness.

I seriously think it might be the standout colour here, when mixed with the black pack and black wheels.

I suspect it will be the colour that, when you spot it on the road, will make you gasp the most.

7 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

why are there only 6 colour options for the FE Emiras?

Yep, nobody really has a robust answer to this. Simplicity for the first run is most mentioned but, as you say, with their new system this does not cut it.

• Gold FFM
14 minutes ago, Badger77 said:

My conclusion fwiw:

Verdant: wrong shade 

Magma: can’t do it, Tifosi

Hethal: mmm will you regret it when the next edition arrives and a metallic version is available.

Blue: expect to be common oco mid life crisis 

Shadow: dull

Nimbus: feminine 

Yeah. about right. The femininity of the Nimbus might actually be a strong point. it is a beautiful, curvaceous supercar in looks.

The red... well, is there really an issue with resembling the best all-time Marque of all. Indeed, the Emira is the Dino V6 entry model that Ferrari should have made. Far prettier than their latest offers.

It would shifted 1000s at £175k - albeit  a tad faster.

14 minutes ago, Speedluvver said:

Guys - gonna disagree on the yellow - my exige is Saffron yellow - solid and very close to Hethel yellow. I have a mate with Norfolk mustard - metallic. In all photos, there is an inperceptable different in the two. Only in bright sunlight, can you see the fleck, but to me, it isn't enough for me to think mine should be metallic..

hope this helps...

IMG_0962.jpeg

That’s helpful and I do remember looking at a Saffron Yellow car before and liking the colour.  I liked the Solar car today but was spoilt by the pearlescent yellow one also in the showroom.

• Like 1