free hit
counters
First Edition Colours in Photoshop - Page 4 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

First Edition Colours in Photoshop

Mickle

11 minutes ago, Evotion said:

Ah, news to me. Sounds too early.

This may mean early journo cars might be on different colours. This wont help us early adopters though.

The factory have specified the press cars, alongside the dealers having to spec their demo cars.  Lotus want to ensure there is a good spread of colours and other specs. 

But I doubt they’re building those yet, as they will need to be built to final production spec and they need to finish certification first.

If press cars are due for Mar then I doubt build will start until Dec/Jan. It used to be a 12 week build time for Evora after order commitment I think.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It was at B&C's Tuesday evening event and he worked for Lotus. He said he had walked the emira production line the week before and seen a Dark verdant car/shell. I'm not sure why he would lie to me 😅 

1 hour ago, Eagle7 said:

I sent an email to Matt through someone who works at Hethel

I also sent an email to Lauren at customercare earlier asking for it to be sent on. Effectively asking for a picture of a panel in each colour and the alloys to be released or at least unofficially leaked to forums so people know what they are buying. As great as mickle’s photoshop is if i was going for verdant green i would be concerned going off of the small disc sample or mickle’s photoshop

• Like 1

Normally your spec is locked in just before your car goes into build

given build isn’t starting til spring, I’d imagine most of us will have seen press cars etc before needing to finalise…. Unless lotus expect us to lock everything in by November which is bonkers

• Like 1

I heard rumours from the dealer roadshows that the commit date for V6 FE first batch may be 4-8 weeks after 5 Nov close of this first round decision exercise.  So that means before Christmas and well before press/demo cars.  That seems very early for deliveries from late April.

It's on my list of post-event questions to Lotus, as well as the point about more/better paint samples or pictures of actual cars as others have already raised.

There are also now rumours circulating out of the weekend roadshows about what the 7 extra colours might be (apparently from a Lotus person), but only the vagueness of red and blue rather than anything specific.  I think Lotus need to be open about that and the timing of when they are going to be available, as it may have a bearing for some people.

It's important we feed these things back to Lotus so they are aware and can respond.  I know they're also reading this and other forums but are not in a position to contribute directly.  I hope we get some sort of published update or FAQs later in the roadshow window and before we have to make commitments.

Watching all this unravel I’m kind of happy not to be an early adopter and get to see/ drive the cars before committing. I would be uncomfortable locking in a spec that I don’t know how it will turn out until collection !

• Like 2

Future wish list - Exige V6

I would say there is little in the spec to lock in for the early adopters, in reality most extras are included in FE, it is down to colours, sports or touring suspension package and the choice of V6 transmission. 

Every other variable, non FE colours, AMG powerplant will be much later and at least by then the FE's should be about.

I would much rather see the cars in representative colours before being compelled to choose, the current process seems somewhat haphazard, some questions raised here require answers.

The last sports car launch I was invited to had a variety of cars in both colours and configuration to choose from, that was however a volume producer which of course, Lotus is not.

I would not expect to be locked in before I had seen cars in a variety of colours and had the chance to drive at least both V6 transmissions, I already have both pdk and manual gearbox cars so am torn between which is best for my requirements on the Emira although my heart says manual 💖

It's still early days and hopefully there will be some progress on availability of cars before too long.

• Like 1

I really do hope the ride height of the finished production car is more like the Blue mocked-up car than the Dark Grey driver they’re using…….the blue one looks so much better sitting lower!👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mctaff said:

Unless lotus expect us to lock everything in by November which is bonkers

Lotus customer care have not minced their words regarding the 5th November date. If you wish to change your spec after this date the default process is that you are put back in the queue. Whether this is enforced I don’t know. That is certainly what they have said to me on the live chat and spec phonecall. That date is also in the terms and conditions for the £3k 2nd stage deposit for the reason of efficient factory planning. That stance was from 1 week ago though so maybe this has changed. I wouldn’t advise going past this date without confirming how it will affect your queue position with Lotus

Edited by Emiralust

9 minutes ago, Mickle said:

So... green.

The blue car was just too bright a starting point to show it anywhere close to accurate. So, I tried starting from an image of the Shadow Grey prototype which turned out much better! The darker grey car reflects light much closer to how the green would, which as you can see makes the reflections across the car much more realistic. 

dv-wip.jpg

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vfrRLN7NRUcBtdWv5

Well done @Mickle I think you’ve nailed that for accuracy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickle said:

So... green.

The blue car was just too bright a starting point to show it anywhere close to accurate. So, I tried starting from an image of the Shadow Grey prototype which turned out much better! The darker grey car reflects light much closer to how the green would, which as you can see makes the reflections across the car much more realistic. 

dv-wip.jpg

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vfrRLN7NRUcBtdWv5

Here is where I got up to with the initial renders (starting from the blue car), which will require a bit of squinting but show the car with the black pack, silver wheels and number plates. I might put a bit more work into the above to show various green specs, as looking at both next to each other you can really notice the 'blue car' is a fair bit lower.

dvr-front.jpg
dvr-quarter.jpg
dvr-rear.jpg

Thank you!  The top photo I think is probably much closer to the way it would actually look, although it still may be a bit dark.  As much as I wanted green, I'm afraid unless it gets better than this, it's just too dark.  If it looks that dark in the sun, in the evening and at night it's simply a black car.  I really hope Lotus shows us some cars painted in the other 4 FE colors, or some body panels, because I can't really go for green if it's this dark.

9 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Not sure the Green really works on this car…..nor does the Dark Grey🤨

Funny those are the only two I like!! 😳

11 minutes ago, Mctaff said:

Funny those are the only two I like!! 😳

Each to their own Sir! And that’s why we are all different and all colours will suit someone👍😉

• Gold FFM

I asked someone from the factory at the B&C tour last week re colours who suggested looking at some of the gamers who have good representations of the LE colours. I found this shot, no idea how accurate they are or if anymore on the inter web anywhere. The magma red looks very fire red to me and we know they are very close colours. Hethel yellow looks close too.

I'm not a gamer etc so perhaps there are others out there. Sorry if this has been mentioned/posted before

15354587_Screenshot2021-10-05at08_44_23.png.df923c1366fca59ae81c953246364606.png

• Like 1

Really a pitty these FE colours...

Instead of the FE colours, I think these ones below would have been much better:

- Blue:  light blue metalic, Essex blue, Persian Blue, Midnight blue metalic
- Green: I like the Dark verdant, but Motorsport green or any lighter green would be nice
- Red: Why not the cool Fire red in the first place?
- Grey/Silver: Nimbus is certainly special, but why not a "normal" silver? The grey is grey, ok fine.

- Yellow: me like!
- Missing: Chrome orange, any other orange

Interior:
- Dark brown would be top

The Emira looks stunning in every colour, but with a more careful colour selection it would be an even greater success. Personal taste of course..

For the few who know the difference

• Gold FFM

Colour is all down to individual taste @AK70but don’t think many would consider a dark brown interior  as “Top” 😉

10 hours ago, Emiralust said:

Lotus customer care have not minced their words regarding the 5th November date. If you wish to change your spec after this date the default process is that you are put back in the queue. Whether this is enforced I don’t know. That is certainly what they have said to me on the live chat and spec phonecall. That date is also in the terms and conditions for the £3k 2nd stage deposit for the reason of efficient factory planning. That stance was from 1 week ago though so maybe this has changed. I wouldn’t advise going past this date without confirming how it will affect your queue position with Lotus

If that’s the case (which hopefully it won’t be), they need to make it easy for us to change our spec before 5 November. I received email confirmation of my configuration but no idea how I can then change the spec to a final configuration I’m locked into on 5 Nov. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MJON said:

Colour is all down to individual taste @AK70but don’t think many would consider a dark brown interior  as “Top” 😉

Look at Aston Martin with the dark chocolate interior.. sold a lot of those..

😉

For the few who know the difference

7 minutes ago, freefall_junkie said:

For those interested in Nimbus, I've just noticed this vid has a nice view at 20 minutes in of a silver/grey Emira in the design studio - I assume it is Nimbus but it looks lighter than the sample disc.   

I can't remember where I heard this, I think it was another video, but I believe those are actually clay models with a silver finish so not representative of Nimbus.

1 hour ago, E1M2I3R4A said:

If that’s the case (which hopefully it won’t be), they need to make it easy for us to change our spec before 5 November. I received email confirmation of my configuration but no idea how I can then change the spec to a final configuration I’m locked into on 5 Nov. 

First place to go to would be contacting customer care who are the same team doing the Spec phone calls and live chat. I've spoken to them a couple of times and they are helpful

LOTUS CUSTOMER CARE

Tel:         +44 (0) 330 0948047

Email:    [email protected]

GROUP LOTUS Hethel, Norwich, Norfolk, NR14 8EZ, England

• Like 1