free hit
counters
First Edition Colours in Photoshop - Page 5 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content


First Edition Colours in Photoshop


Mickle

Recommended Posts

Hi All, please see below regarding changing your lotus specification after placing your 2nd deposit. I do not know the date of the Final payment. Customer care also disclaimed afterwards: "Please note that we would not necessarily encourage customers to change their configuration, as this is not a quick process. We would absolutely recommend submitting your preferred configuration and keeping it this way. The opportunity to change your configuration is to be used in cases such as yours when you've realised after the fact that you need to make a change."

@E1M2I3R4A @Mctaff

image.png.8be383bfb6932de9e7651d20f533b816.png

Edited by Emiralust
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
24 minutes ago, Emiralust said:

Hi All, please see below regarding changing your lotus specification after placing your 2nd deposit. I do not know the date of the Final payment. Customer care also disclaimed afterwards: "Please note that we would not necessarily encourage customers to change their configuration, as this is not a quick process. We would absolutely recommend submitting your preferred configuration and keeping it this way. The opportunity to change your configuration is to be used in cases such as yours when you've realised after the fact that you need to make a change."

@E1M2I3R4A @Mctaff

image.png.8be383bfb6932de9e7651d20f533b816.png

Thanks for sharing, sounds like they’ll allow changes at the time we fully commit but want to avoid constant changes to spec beforehand, which I can understand. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mickle said:

I can't remember where I heard this, I think it was another video, but I believe those are actually clay models with a silver finish so not representative of Nimbus.

That’s correct.  It’s the clay styling model so is covered in a generic silver/grey foil.  You can tell it’s a clay because the windows have a black foil rather than glass.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

I wish it was that red but nah, the Magma is a fair bit darker and a different tone.

 

  • Haha 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Evotion said:

I wish it was that red but nah, the Magma is a fair bit darker and a different tone.

 

Isn't Magma similar to Fire Red? A nice enough colour but a bit dark and the tendency to look a little dull in this country I feel - probably fantastic in California

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, worldwidewebs said:

Isn't Magma similar to Fire Red? A nice enough colour but a bit dark and the tendency to look a little dull in this country I feel - probably fantastic in California

If the photos on here are to be believed then Magma looks very similar indeed to Fire Red, which is definitely nothing like the render above. Fire Red has a split personality, it's quite a dark and moody colour in dull conditions, a!most burgundy, but it explodes in bright sunlight into a fabulous luxurious rich red with a subtle gold shimmer. It's NOTHING like a classic Ferrari red - but if they offered good old Ardent Red that would a winner for me :thumbup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Magma has a coppery fleck, similar to the gold fleck in Fire but not as bright. I suspect it’ll have a similar split personality to what you’ve described. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Blue with ice leather for the first half of the week, now back to Nimbus with Red on Friday...

If I manage to keep both (unlikely) then it would look lovely next to my Titanium and red leather S1 😍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, James Baly said:

Blue with ice leather for the first half of the week, now back to Nimbus with Red on Friday...

If I manage to keep both (unlikely) then it would look lovely next to my Titanium and red leather S1 😍

Sounds good to me! Did you see the samples at the roadshow in Solihull?

On a facebook group someone posted a comparison of Nimbus next to McLaren's Blade Silver, they looked very similar. Much more of a metallic grey than the Crayon/Nardo some were hoping for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fantastic car and its a stunning colour in the flesh, Mark the owner of the 720 has a deposit down for a Emira.

BC19719F-0E40-47AF-B08F-97EF1599476C.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As far as Dark Verdant Green goes…..I’d suggest the RR above is too Green……I think we need to be looking more towards Empire Green (picture below) or it might even be as dark as Racing Green which was used on the Evora given to Clive Chapman for a period (also pictured below)

D04A0B39-D402-4B89-BD11-1AAAA0190D70.jpeg

0ED3208E-E5FD-40EE-B03F-D04F9CBF7E68.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/10/2021 at 21:37, Murdock said:

Last one pretty please @Mickle ... 😇

Could you please do my previous request, Nimbus, silver wheels, red calipers, red leather, but with Black pack this time?

Thank you 😊

Will sort this out soon 👍

4 hours ago, mneil said:

2021-10-20_07-30-47

Spotted similar today, Aintree green metallic, ignore the vehicle hate them!.

If the dark verdant is anything like this, it looks stunning in the sunlight!

That colour does look great, I saw a lovely red Vantage online and would love for the magma red to look as good. Really tricky to judge how it might translate to the Emira even having seen a fire red Exige in person.

 

8FF35E0E-773B-49A9-BE6A-89340E22EAF2.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, tailslides said:

Looks like we have decided on red, as my screen and eyes seem less capable these days, do any of our photoshop experts think is this render close to the true colour

Check out this advert for a Fire Red Exige -

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12454832

the colour on the photos is bang on for Fire Red under a dull sky (it's quite a difficult colour to catch properly) and having held the Magma sample right next to a Fire Red car I reckon the two colours are very similar.

This is what happens to Fire Red under a slightly brighter sky....

4.jpg

8.jpg

 To my eyes, and on my screen, these examples all look very different from you configurator image that you've shown. The 'shade' of red on the configurator looks completely wrong to me :(

 

Edited by duncx
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...