free hit
counters
Alcantara or leather? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Alcantara or leather?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I was originally going for leather but after seeing the blue show car again am probably going for the alcantara.  I’d do the steering wheel in whatever I decide for the main trim.

My pics here:

• Gold FFM

I was looking at leather but the colours of the swatches were a bit uninspiring.

I was adamant I was going to get both in Alcantara but i have gone for one of each as, for me, it actually came down to what suits the external colour best.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• 2 months later...

I prefer alcantara but fear it will feel too dark and boring inside. Where as tan or the light grey/ white leather really lifts it.

Future wish list - Exige V6

• Gold FFM

I dislike Alcantara (or automotive suede). I can accept it on surfaces that I don't touch with my hands but a no-no on steering wheel, door pulls or side bolsters. 

LF1 used leather and technical fabric, that was fab and would be my choice on spec'ing a new car. McLaren also used 'space fabric' for door panel and seat inserts as the standard trim on 12c. Most buyers optioned it out and paid more to have automotive suede or leather.

Justin

On 07/01/2022 at 13:17, Denno said:

I prefer alcantara but fear it will feel too dark and boring inside. Where as tan or the light grey/ white leather really lifts it.

That’s what I felt. When I was looking for an Evora I quite liked the black interior. I felt it worked because the Evora cabin is more simple. Whereas the Emira is more cockpit like with screens and potentially a little more claustrophobic. I worried that the black might make it feel even smaller inside. I spec’d the ice grey leather but I’m still not convinced it’s the right choice 

• Gold FFM

Well, ha, it appears I was in Alcantara mode when I did that last config which now looks like it might be locked in. It will be dark but does add class and lightness-ish.

If I can change my mind and not lose my place in the queue then I might for the tan or ice grey.

We still don't really know as we have not sat or seen any of the leather options on seats, in cars.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM

Re ice/pale grey leather, just recounting I have been choosing it for over 25 years. 9 in all, plus 2 in there somewhere in cream. Really like the light and airy feel, especially in winter. Downsides as with all full leather, they can be uncomfortable jumping in on hot days, need good aircon that works fast. Also need to clean mainly drivers seat with leather cleaner/wipes quite frequently, especially the base bolsters. You often see some where they are stained blue from denim transfer. Had no real issues with any over the years. My first dark leather/Alcantara combo was with my Elise, it felt so more comfortable that I’ve now switched and have it in my daily car, with a light contrast stitching. Really now prefer it, but as stated it will make the interior feel darker. Going for yellow contrast in the Emira.

• Like 1