free hit
counters
Pensioner Transport - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Pensioner Transport

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Don't discount one of these bad boys...

1200px-Rover_75.jpg

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

As I approach 76 I woudnt go for onof the above. Present everyday car is a Skoda Octavia VRS. Anything slower would drive me nuts.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

@Bibs I did have this a few years back as our dog-mobile

1282345313_MGSalesPics001.thumb.JPG.903f61722b548c1a7982252628cf838f.JPG

Maybe I should have held onto it, or would it being the MG version rule it out as being too sporty? :ermm:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Alfa2Evora said:

Now that I'm entitled to draw my State Pension, I think that I really need to give my image a compatible makeover.

Happy birthday, I reached that age last year, how about an upcoming lotus suv, will have plenty of room for a pack of dogs.

I still have my mg zs v6 that I bought in 2004 (when I used to go to work) 

• Like 1

The Honda Jazz seems to be the weapon of choice for 90% of the population of the Isle of Wight, which is almost entirely comprised of over 60s (including my parents). Not sure they do it in beige though...

• Haha 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

40 minutes ago, eeyoreish said:

Not sure they do it in beige though...

With beaded seat covers

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

Isn't this the ultimate pensioner transport

Similar to the top gear version of the rover. - as seen on tv

• Gold FFM

@ChillidoggyI think you've just found me a new top-of-the-list contender.

The perfect balance of understated elegance and easy accessibility and as for the colour scheme - :kiss:.

As a bonus, it'll be no problem locating it in a car-park - just follow the trail :sick::lol:.

Just going back to the hearse photos, why are they all so ugly nowadays? I want to be transported to my final resting place in a proper Daimler DS420 hearse, with matching DS420 limousine for my family members. Like this pair:

cTOwuoP.jpg

CdodxZl.jpg

I certainly don’t want to check out in some diesel-engined Mercedes abomination.

• Like 1

While Motorcycle racing in the 60s one guy arrved in the Brands Hatch paddock with a similar Daimler but with the back stripped out to carry his racing Norton on one side, and a workbench on the other.  A very practical alternatine to the standard Ford Transit.

• Gold FFM

Surely it would have to be this!

Rover James | Top Gear Wiki | Fandom

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

A blank space?

Edited by Bravo73

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, C8RKH said:

A blank space?

I can see the image as posted, don't know what when wrong there?
I can't see the pictures @LotusLeftLotusRight posted either, just a link that shows as broken if I try to open it.

Second try:

BBC One - Top Gear, Series 19, Episode 5

I'll add a tip, it's the same car Chris posted but with some modifications aimed specifically at OAP. 🤣

• Haha 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Ooooh, that's hideous! :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

That was the one top gear did..... it was being driven on public roads....

• Sad 1