free hit
counters
Rear screen de-mist wiring - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Rear screen de-mist wiring

My recently purchased Esprit S2 has no wiring for the rear screen de-mist.  There is power from the switch to the hinges, but no wiring from the hinges to the screen element.  Circuit tests suggest everything should work, including the switch and the screen element and I've got the appropriate wiring/connectors.  Just need to know how to route the wiring - does it just go from the hinge bolt to screen connector over the top of the weather seal, or underneath it (i.e. between the frame and the seal)?  The obvious route would be through the frame itself as this would avoid the potential for a poor seal on the boot, but there is no hole and no sign of one that has been blocked up.  Any photos of the original set up and/or improvements would be much appreciated, thanks!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The car that these photos came from is a pretty unmolested car so I'm guessing it's correct. The wire goes from the outside to the inside near the bolt and then runs parallel with the seal down to the connector on the screen...

100-2020.jpg

100-2021.jpg

Edited by Paul Coleman

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire