free hit
counters
Wanted - Evora S - Wanted - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Wanted - Evora S

Ba55uma

Hi all, a newbie here. 

I am currently looking for an Evora S. A well looked after one. 

Would prefer a plus 2 although wouldn't mind a plus 0. 

Any colour except the dark blue.  

£30K max. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi and welcome Bas. As said, you'll struggle with an S for that price, that's really NA money but high milers do come up from time to time so you could get lucky :thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

My old Evora S IPS is up for sale again at Silverstone Lotus. Was a good car up until 2 years ago when I sold it, but has had two owners since then so can't speak for that. It is up for £38k and maybe would take less. Would be happy for you to PM me if you want any info on the car during my ownership.

I wish you luck but I really can't see you getting a straight Evora S for £30k......they just haven't dropped that low.

A category S car or accident damaged maybe....but I haven't seen one of those in years 

Good luck!

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Will Blackham has a nice looking S for sale at the moment on Pistonheads, but similar price to the yellow one.  I'd recommend speaking to him and/or any Lotus dealer near you.  I was the first to see my car with Will after letting him know what I was looking for - he didn't end up advertising it..

5 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

And prices are, most likely, only to be going up. It's a classic and pretty rare. A thing of beauty. No longer in production.

Really. I know they hold their values well.. really well. But prices going up, is it because the Emira is not a +2 and all future cars from Lotus are electric. 

16 minutes ago, Doug Ashley said:

Will Blackham has a nice looking S for sale at the moment on Pistonheads, but similar price to the yellow one.  I'd recommend speaking to him and/or any Lotus dealer near you.  I was the first to see my car with Will after letting him know what I was looking for - he didn't end up advertising it..

Sorry which yellow one? The one on lotusforsale and auto trader which was tastefully modified and in NI 

That grey S is nice 

elise prices have doubled on some over the years! 

another thing people mention is about clutch, as that can be £3-4K to change 

Reason why I chose NA is budget, but also I like the feeling of NA and I personally think too much power ruins the fun and engagement. NA is cheaper on tax, insurance, running costs and outlay . 

I’ve seen a category marked S at low £30k’s somewhere 

• Gold FFM

As a sign prices are going up, the grey one is listed for more than mine would have been this time last year by the same seller, despite mine being 2-3 years newer and with 2-3k lower miles (admittedly not 2+2 though).

• Gold FFM

I looked at every car outlet from lotus dealers to classic car market 

when I was looking 4 years ago there was a choice at my £30k and below segment however I think market changed significantly today and I think the cars both S or NA will be counted on one hand

advice is too be patient but not too picky however I think if you really want an Evora you might have to alter your shopping list but at least you will start enjoying the car as soon as purchase 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ba55uma said:

Really. I know they hold their values well.. really well. But prices going up, is it because the Emira is not a +2 and all future cars from Lotus are electric.

All cars have gone up. Nothing to do with the emira. You will be lucky to find an NA for under 30. Personally think they had dropped too low and the price now is what they should be . Don't think you will see a drop in price for sometime

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I was picky with wanting different packs, in hindsight there were good cars I passed on because it didn’t have x y z or wasn’t the colour I wanted; but as above I think once you get one you’ll enjoy it whatever the spec or colour. Life is short , enjoy it as soon as lol

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So,  I realised that a £30K Evora S is not a possibility, so extended the budget to £37K.

I test drove the Evora S IPS that's there in Silverstone, whilst I liked the car, the other half wasn't so keen on the colour. But wanted an IPS S at that price point. 

Anyone tempted and considering selling. Bright colours preferred 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ba55uma said:

he other half wasn't so keen on the colour.

Would she actually drive it, or just be a occasional passenger. As said above could have a partial wrap to help disguise the colour and emphasise the body lines.

1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

Would she actually drive it, or just be a occasional passenger. As said above could have a partial wrap to help disguise the colour and emphasise the body lines.

She'll be an occasional passenger.

I did consider JPS gold decals, but saw another bright colour one on they day and found that the brighter colours ones emphasise the lines on the Evora really well. 

1 hour ago, Cdm2018 said:

Would you think of wrapping the car in colour of your choosing to overcome the colour dilemma ? 

Don't really like the idea of wrapping. 

• Like 1