free hit
counters
A fond farewell to Lotus' grand tourer - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

A fond farewell to Lotus' grand tourer

jonwat

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I agree on both counts. He is one of my "go to" auto journalists.

However, my point was that in many cases a Lotus gets criticised in the way a Porsche gets lauded for the same trait. Just an observation.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Agreed, odd to focus on +2 limitations. The rear space is invaluable in Evora. MJK so correct insisting this layout. I use my NA so much more because of this practicality, not for bodies but baggage.

Criminal that Evora did not sell 3000 units per annum. The public have spoken, Emira is Lotus reply.

Justin

PS. Mr Cropley a fine journo 

• Like 2

I’m glad that Williams didn’t seize the Evora in lieu of legal damages from Lotus!

As for Cropley, I always remember him writing about his Ferrari 308 GTB in the 1980s. I have a feeling it was one of the now heralded early fibreglass cars. I think he sold it and bought an Elan.

He wrote for Supercar Classics at that time, along with Russell Bulgin, Roger Bell, Phil Llewellin, Ronald “Steady” Barker et al. Other than the TV show guys, I couldn’t name a single other motoring journalist nowadays.

6 hours ago, Bibs said:

Cropley is a died in the wool Lotus fan, I'm sure he'll be complimentary about the car, which incidentally looks epic in the opening shot, that's a great angle.

Just love that red, looks absolutely gorgeous 😍

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know why Lotus registered this on a 66 plate? This model didn’t exist in 2016. I don’t think even Steve Cropley realised it was actually first registered in February 2020, so I don’t know what his readers would think.

And the police evora loaned by the factory to Devon and Cornwall police  is registered  GB66LCL. I remember talking to the sergeant who was driving it and he mentioned something about the reg, when I said I was a bit of a lotus nut case.

• Gold FFM

Sat in a caravan a few miles from the Elan reservoirs - I’m actually stunned they managed to find a day without rain for that photoshoot. What a stunning area though with amazing scenery and a fantastic car.

• Like 2

Only here once