free hit
counters
Evora Automatic Gearbox - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora Automatic Gearbox

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question as to the Evoras that are spec'd with the automatic gearbox. As I understand, ticking that option does not give you the Torsen LSD as you get with the manual transmission. Is this correct? If so, what has Lotus done to adapt the vehicle to fact that it does not have the Torsen LSD.

Thanks in advance!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

You are correct, the IPS option precludes the fitting of the LSD. Only manual cars get it.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

It has an electronic diff which pinches a rear brake (differential braking) once the difference in speed between the 2 rear wheels reaches a point.

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thank you both for the prompt responses!

A few follow questions on the gear box:

1. Have you had the IPS gearbox out on track days and how does it cope with the stresses of a track day (Heating issues etc.)?

2. Any long term issues as such that you have experienced or heard of?

3. In terms of lubricants, do you just go with what the dealer replaces or do you opt for something from the aftermarket such as MOTUL?

In case you don't have the answer would greatly appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

O