free hit
counters
Elise S1 Type 49 for sale on Collecting Cars - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Elise S1 Type 49 for sale on Collecting Cars

Sizona

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I’d be interested to know if there are any with lower mileage than this one, I suspect not. A crying shame it hasn’t been used but having seen it and been in it I can vouch for the mileage. I tend to view these cars as brand new and what I’d pay for a new one of these if it was in the showroom right now. Not sure where it will go on price but given the mileage and being one of the very last S1’s you’d think it could set a new bench mark figure. Lovely car.

T.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

Paul Matty was selling an S1 not long ago that had 1400 miles on the clock and I think was up for c£42k. I agree with Trevor's comments but you'd need to factor in replacing much of the rubber components and so it's not quite like buying a new car.

Inflating the cost of it when it was new gets you to around £45k or so. 

• Gold FFM

There is a sub-2000 mile S1 on Pistonheads. £40k. If you use it, value will decline. If you don't, money will do better in shares over 10 years (wisely invested).

Best buy a higher miler if you want a fun car to use at a fair price.

Justin

• Like 1

Thanks for the link, that’s a cracker of a car. I don’t think it’s overpriced really given the tiny amount of miles covered and an opportunity to relive the past perhaps. Would I buy either of these cars? Yes if I could afford them then why not. I’ve just had an Apline A310 mechanically refreshed and it owes me more than these cars, with the benefit of hindsight I’d definitely have one of these two sitting in the garage.

T.

• Like 2

I'll get around to it at some point.

• Gold FFM

With this T49's age of over 20 years and low mileage plus scarce availability the car could easily do 1000 miles per year in the foreseeable future and still be very low mileage. The green S1 looks great however this T49 is more rare in it special edition guise. There will always be cars locked away with next to no mileage but thats no fun. As we all know very few cars ever made as good to drive as an S1 Elise!

I agree @jepif you want a high milage one get a cheaper one and have the fun, this one is more of a collectors/low milage one which is in perfect condition and wants for nearly nothing. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

S1 Elise is probably my favourite Lotus road car.......V6 Exige perhaps but the Elise is special as it was perfect from Day One, as a brand new concept; not many sports cars leave the factory in first guise basically nailed. The 'improvements' to Elise over the years were due to a change of buyer profile, not because the car had flaws.

I agree, higher miles is best, you don't want to be precious about a car. I will keep my 130,000 miler, a total hoot and I can leave it anywhere without a worry. 

Justin

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Looking forward to seeing what the auction result is later today. 

Hopefully will show the S1 prices are holding up well.

Will post when I see the result