free hit
counters
Welcome, thanks and a request to Grahame (Gjk) - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Welcome, thanks and a request to Grahame (Gjk)

Sparky

• Gold FFM

Many thanks @RobinB5. I do try to plumb and wire the models correctly. All the firing orders are correct on all the models though you can’t see it sometimes. I like to get all fuel, oil, water and brake hoses/tubes correct to the point of if it could, it would run!

the Porsche 935 actually has an ignition key! 😃

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
20 hours ago, Gjk said:

😆 I did not know that!

Only the North American cars used Stromberg carbs because of the US stricter emissions regs and if I were to be pedantic I'd point out the cam covers were never red, only black & silver. Nevertheless, beautiful models, I thought the V12 Ferrari was exceptional, well done   😃

090907070212_europa07.jpg

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

• Gold FFM

Those are just stunning!!

They look like they cold drive off to a racetrack straight away, just need to shrink a driver. 🙂

Very impressed, that must take an enormous amount of patience to get all the details right.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
On 23/10/2021 at 20:40, Gjk said:

I really appreciate all your kind words.

I only build these models for me, and never to “show them off”

Hi Grahame, your modesty around your models is totally refreshing in this day and age.  I personally have absolutely loved seeing your models (so much so I casted the pictures from my phone to my sons 70" 4k TV so I could see and appreciate all the details in high definition).

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing bud. I really appreciate you letting me in to what is obviously a passion for you. So, a heartfelt thank you. I've had a shit day so far and your pictures and models really brightened up my day!  👍

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Thanks @Bling. You can see the “growth” of the work area in the background of the pics 😄.

thank you @C8RKH. Very kind words. I’m humbled by the fact you cast them onto a 70” tv to see the detail. I’m glad the models brightened up your day. I do enjoy building them even when it can become the most frustrating thing ever!

• Thanks 1

• Gold FFM

Correct it is a 72, a 72E to be exact. The main difference to the 72D was the saddle oil tank over the gearbox and the addition of engine and gearbox oil coolers.