free hit
counters
ULEZ - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

ULEZ

Gjk

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Think it means if you are coming from the east you will need to drive up to hangar lane and come back along the old road outside of the north circular

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Well, it’s good news it’s just outside the expanded zone. Will have to plan the route a little better.

Thanks for the responses 👍

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

• Gold FFM

Went there last night in my non ULEZ compliant BMW. It should be outside the ULEZ zone. I approached it travelling anti clockwise on the A406. If I got it wrong I will let you know when I receive the unpaid ULEZ fine 😬

• Like 1

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

I certainly think its outside the zone as its North of the A 406. As I live inside the zone it`s caught me but the site says my  1980 Lotus is exempt so fingers crossed. (Can no longer afford to keep my restored 1970 Porsche 914 (also exempt) so am selling that if anyone`s interested).

4 hours ago, basalte said:

the site says my  1980 Lotus is exempt so fingers crossed. (Can no longer afford to keep my restored 1970 Porsche 914 (also exempt) so am selling that if anyone`s interested).

Any car over 40 years old exempt under historic cars 

• Gold FFM

Elise S1 and 340R are exempt, though TFL website says they are not. I had my Cert of Conformity from new for the 340R and sent it to TFL. NOx is under the limit set but TLF website has got it wrong for Elise S1. 

So I can still commute in the 340R.

Justin

• Gold FFM

To DVLA you need to apply for Historic category but not to ULEZ, that is automatic as the car will be listed as 'historic' from DVLA once registered at Swansea as such.

Justin

That's about correct. But as with the Ace Cafe I think you can exit towards but not into the ULEZ on a slip road to head back over/under the North and South Circs into non ULEZ.....

Dave.