free hit
counters
Wanted - Evora S IPS - Wanted - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Wanted - Evora S IPS

DaveAngel

Afternoon all,

Just wondered if anyone was thinking of selling one of the above? Not too worried about mileage or modifications but must be an IPS model with my dodgy knee…

Alternatively if the previous owner of the red one for sale in Kent is on here I would appreciate some extra history if possible? 

Best regards!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I know.. I too prefer brighter colours. I have a black beemer at home and it's an absolute pain in the back to keep it clean. Silver and grey ones are easy to keep clean, but they look a bit dull. But seeing one in flesh might change my mind. 

I have a carbon grey S IPS (sadly/gladly not for sale) and felt the same about colours when I was buying.  I really wanted yellow but quite liked the stealth look of mine when I saw it - see profile pic. At car shows I sometimes wish I'd held out for yellow but the rest of the time I'm glad to have a car that attracts attention...but not too much attention.

13 hours ago, jep said:

Carbon Grey is a fab colour and the choice of the Lotus Design team as a favourite for their special silhouette that is Evora 

Justin 

I think all colours look nice on the Evoras in flesh, pictures wise the yellow and British racing green win the votes. The gold one on the special Swiss beats edition is something else. 

I wonder if you are looking at 400 IPs cars as to ease knee conditions are you almost going close to in relative terms the new Emira ? 
The Emira definitely has better egress than Evora and comes in ips or dct options ?

I know money is major factor but could be option? 

11 hours ago, r3nault said:

If gearbox choice is because of your knee, might you be better with a 400 IPS? S1 entry / egress might prove an issue in the long term too…

At the moment access seems okay - certainly better than my Elise! Could be a factor more long term and I have looked at the 400 with possibly better performance, particularly from the auto box software/changes…. On the other hand, is a fair but more cash which also brings closer to a new Emira…….

2 hours ago, Cdm2018 said:

I wonder if you are looking at 400 IPs cars as to ease knee conditions are you almost going close to in relative terms the new Emira ? 
The Emira definitely has better egress than Evora and comes in ips or dct options ?

I know money is major factor but could be option? 

This had crossed my mind! I think they look ace too!

6 hours ago, DaveAngel said:

At the moment access seems okay - certainly better than my Elise! Could be a factor more long term and I have looked at the 400 with possibly better performance, particularly from the auto box software/changes…. On the other hand, is a fair but more cash which also brings closer to a new Emira…….

This had crossed my mind! I think they look ace too!

Yep, fair enough. It depends which knee too, it’s the right knee which gets a work out getting in and out for a RHD Evora. I’m guessing it might be your left knee which should be easier.

Emira wouldn’t work for me as I need a 2+2, but one thing in the Evora’s favour is rarity! In Australia, more Ferraris are sold than Lotus (all models), and I think more Porsches in a month than Lotus in a year! I love the fact I’m driving something so rare. Emiras may prove too common in time, perhaps.

The other week in Melbourne CBD, I was pointing out a car to my toddler… guy in a Boxster thought he was pretty cool… no mate, that’s about the ninth Boxster / Cayman we’ve seen today… it’s the ultra rare Lamborghini Espada behind you that’s caught my attention!

I have a poor left knee and wear a knee support , I play footy twice a week on Astro and this doesn’t do my knee any favours

i struggle with my clutch using my left knee getting in and out not too bad but my back suffers more 

I think waiting and save up for Emira could be solution but Evora is now going to be super rare however I don’t think Emira will be as common as Porsche ? Time will tell I guess