free hit
counters
E10 Feedback - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

E10 Feedback

There’s been threads here and guess on many car forums about introduction of E10

well now several weeks after introduction to forecourts what have people noticed ?

I have persevered with using E10 so it’s truly gone into the car now but I still noticed a waving hesitant character to car running. I had a service a couple of weeks ago and still have the hunting sound if the engine at idle and at high speed it’s not the same as before ? 
my lotus garage guys told me to stick to it and not swap on occasions to Super-unleaded.
read some news items where other people notice drop in fuel economy as well as sloppy drive to their cars ! 

any others experience anything ?  

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

It says premium inside the fuel flap and in the manual , but I think they mean 'not rubbish American stuff' and if possible a decent petrol station not farmer Fred's fillin' station in a field where the fuel is sold in blocks.

incidentally, whilst I don't run on 95 RON most of the time I have filled with E10 when there was no other option and it seemed to make no difference whatsoever, but it was only one tank and mixed with the old expensive stuff.

2 minutes ago, jerzybondov said:

Don't Evoras want you to run on premium (so non 95 and hence not E10) or have I got the wrong idea from somewhere?

I have only used super in my current 430 and previous S.  thought this was as they were supercharged and the car prefers the good stuff.

I now only get super E5 for all my garden stuff and the other cars (except the wife's RR)

According lotus website posted somewhere here Evora was deemed suitable for E10 

however I noticed differences as stated and was wondering if anyone else has now experienced any issues without resorting to the super versions that above replies suggest ? 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Only ever used super unleaded on my  NA, and I believe from 400 onwards it was stipulated to use super only.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Same here. It's tuned to run on super unleaded and based on the typical mileage of a Lotus owner, is not much of a cost uplift in the overall scheme of things.

My understanding is that all UK sold cars 'can' run on 95 octane, but I suspect it won't run as sweet or to it's optimum performance. Lotus also state they will run on E10 but why bother.

I did the sums a while back and for 5000 miles per year, super unleaded was the same cost as a curry for me and wifey 😀

• Like 1

I wonder if the maths for using super to E10 is still a factor ?

I am thinking given I driven about 5-7k a year if the cost difference never mind cars efficiency is mega probably around £100 extra obviously dependent on which garage you use or if you live in London which I don’t !

• Like 1

Well the ethanol isn't your problem - it's using normal unleaded that's creating the hesitation :) So if you're OK with it crack on, it won't hurt the engine (as long as you don't notice any pinking- a tinkling sound at low revs in high gears). Or just do what the rest of us do and pay the govt some more tax because the manual/handbook tells us to. 🤣

• Like 1

Had a few problems with one of our quads, it is not used much, has been cutting out, the odd back fire when it is turned off. When It cuts out is difficult to restart. Phoned the Suzuki quad dealer, he said it could be water in the fuel (we keep ours in a garage anyway) or stale fuel. Don't use E10 in these bikes, he said that E5 has the same issues in such machines that are not used much. Suggested draining the fuel and re-filling with fresh. Will be doing that today. 

Also spotted a warning notice about E10 in Stihl products at a Stihl dealer, don't keep E10 in their product for over 30 days.