free hit
counters
New member - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Phaeton91

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Cet,

welcome to TLF although our previous Evora was a +2 and regularly took our eldest grandson out, I think you would be better going to a dealer who has a 400 +2 with your children and see if they are ok with the seating 

as for leaving the 400 outside all year you may wish to use a good quality outdoor cover if only to protect from UV and bird droppings 

• Like 2

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

I’m of similar stature to you. My (well above average height) boys were OK in the back for short/medium journeys until their early teens, so a 400 might just be OK for you until your Emira arrives. It’s headroom that’s the problem. As above, take them to a dealer to check.

Thanks both for replying.  Yes, getting them to the dealer is definitely on the agenda, but I suspect that with the excitement of a prospective purchase they’d be happy to contort themselves into any position in a showroom or short test drive. Hence, this sort of feedback is greatly appreciated.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Just a note, my car lives outside, no problems all year round so far (apart from the crap windscreen demisting ability). It's fine, don't worry about it. Just make sure you cover the dash so the leather doesn't shrink.

• Like 2

Like TDM my car lives outside I suffer from tree sap and bird droppings , so regular washing, cover the dash to save the leather issues

a good car cover if you get loads of snow on prolonged periods but I found in high winds can move cover and the strap buckles can scratch ? 

Thank you.  Yes, pros and cons to a cover.  I tend to cover my existing car after it’s been washed and dried only. There’s not much exotic machinery along my road (I’m not counting dark coloured Audi’s, Mercs and BMWs!) so also like to keep things under wraps from nosey passers by to a certain degree. That would be more so with an Evora. 

My wife is 5'4, I am 5'10 and sit forward and I would have to say that she does not fit, not with her head upright anyway, legs were OK. On a test drive she did nothing but moan and all I could see in the rear view mirror was a sideways head!

I do keep mine outside all year, it is fine although water ingress to the window motor meant a new one of them (c.£500). As others have said, wash the bird poo off asap.

Also, as others have said, what concerns me most is the heat on the dash and airbag cover, so I do use a sunscreen on the windscreen if it is anything above 20 degrees.

• Like 2

I'm a little surprised that people are saying that the rear is fine for someone who is 5' - my wife is 5'4" and has been in the back for one 20 minute journey and it did not look comfortable at all - her head had to be at an angle the whole time and she didn't have any leg room. I'd say 5' is probably the maximum for the rear passengers, and even that would only be for short journeys. The rear seats are great for luggage, but only children would fit in there in any sort of comfort. As others have said, get them to try one out at a dealer and see yourself how much leg and headroom they have.

I keep my car outdoors like many others. I have a car cover which I put on if it'll be left for more than a week or two, but it's my daily driver and I used it for nursery runs etc, so it usually sits without the cover. I will echo the comments of the demister though - it's lacklustre to say the least!

• Like 1

Sounds like your kids have the right idea anyway! Who cares about things like comfort if you get to ride in a Lotus?! 😂👍

I cannot remember how old I was, but my first ever experience in a Lotus was in an Elan Plus 2. I'm sure there wasn't much room but it made me a fan for life!

GL with the car hunt I hope it works out well.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 10:13, Phaeton91 said:

Thanks all for the further comments.  I have to say that my kids are far more tolerant than my wife is to any sort of discomfort especially in a “fast” car.  I need to now find a dealer within reasonable driving distance who has one!

Well that presents an easy solution, leave the wife at home and just take the kids out 😁😂

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 09:44, Relic222 said:

I'm a little surprised that people are saying that the rear is fine for someone who is 5' - my wife is 5'4" and has been in the back for one 20 minute journey and it did not look comfortable at all - her head had to be at an angle the whole time and she didn't have any leg room. I'd say 5' is probably the maximum for the rear passengers, and even that would only be for short journeys. The rear seats are great for luggage, but only children would fit in there in any sort of comfort. As others have said, get them to try one out at a dealer and see yourself how much leg and headroom they have.

I keep my car outdoors like many others. I have a car cover which I put on if it'll be left for more than a week or two, but it's my daily driver and I used it for nursery runs etc, so it usually sits without the cover. I will echo the comments of the demister though - it's lacklustre to say the least!

Sat in an Evora for the first time recently, was pleasantly surprised by the cabin. It felt better than I expected and a reasonably nice place to be. When I looked round to check the room in the back it was smaller & tighter than I expected. For all but the smallest children I think it would be a bit too much of a squeeze.

I’m coming from a different brand but looking forward to getting a decent test drive in an Evora, (400 or 410) and hope it’s as good as all the reviews say.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MC2021 said:

Sat in an Evora for the first time recently

Could even try an Evora S to get the lotus feel, then try the 4xx to confirm your choice. What is for sale around your local area? Who is your nearest dealer.

Local lotus franchise have said they’re not doing test drives - “management policy”.  Would prefer to try what I’m looking to buy, and your suggestion of trying the S could be worth looking into.

There aren’t a huge amount of Evoras for sale across the whole of the UK. So it might just be a case of being patient.

2 hours ago, DarrylV8 said:

As good, possibly better! 

I’ve read plenty of reviews and watched plenty of reviews on YouTube -  jayemm has a channel with a lot of information on his 400. I’m aware that the Evora has some minor failings but other than the high cost of a clutch change the Evora seems to gain very positive reviews. 

For me it’s about how different the Evora is to what I’ve had before (911 C2S).