free hit
counters
I know that is how it is, but that doesn't mean it's better. - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

I know that is how it is, but that doesn't mean it's better.

ramjet

So I'm watching a movie on Netflix with Liz. I'm not going to say the name of it. Just a movie.

An Indian in a small town near Denver looks at an Indian scarf on an Indian mannequin, turns it over and reads the tag.

'Made in China.'

Is it just me?

• Sad 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I was going to ask, was this an American Indian looking at an American Indian scarf? Or an American Indian looking at an Indian scarf? An Indian looking at an American Indian Scarf. Or finally an Indian looking at an Indian scarf?   :rofl:

It's a bit like people in the UK buying water shipped in wee bottles from say France. WTF?

Or Chinese tourists in London buying a Union Flag, or I Love London, T-shirt that was made and printed in China. They could have saved a shit load of money and carbon by just staying at home, buying it there. :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

I was going to ask, was this an American Indian looking at an American Indian scarf?

Just so long as it isn't a rugby fan from Exeter as that would be cultural misappropriation and would lead to complaints by a team from Coventry who were previously from Wycombe but insisted on having the word "London" in their team name the whole time that they played their home matches there. 

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM
On 06/11/2021 at 10:31, ramjet said:

So I'm watching a movie on Netflix with Liz. I'm not going to say the name of it. Just a movie.

An Indian in a small town near Denver looks at an Indian scarf on an Indian mannequin, turns it over and reads the tag.

'Made in China.'

Is it just me?

Yes.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Having played many rounds of golf at the now-closed Magnolia Park Golf Club( located near the M40 at Bicester) with the Hotel's "Sales Manager", it turns out that loads of Chinese stay there, go to Bicester Village and buy loads of tat, a lot of which is made in China (or its questionable satellites). They remove all the packaging and dump it at the hotel prior to returning home with stuff they could buy from Alibaba but it's somehow cheaper in the UK !! .....  Of course - they're not overly worried about carbon footprints etc. etc. Please see other threads passim.