free hit
counters
Poll - when will you be happy to fully commit to buy - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Poll - when will you be happy to fully commit to buy

Beady

When will you be happy commit to buy?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, DarrylV8 said:

yet when the GT430 was introduced Lotus only planned to sell 6 cars to the UK market, i believe 23(?) were actually sold so JMG must have done something right?

So he won a battle, but lost the war. Great strategy.  Within 18 months the market priced them, hardly used, at a £55k discount.  Not quite as bad as buying a new McLaren, but not far off.

GT430 was a great car. Is a great car. But it was eye wateringly expensive for what it was at full list price. I suspect very few sold at full list price.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

So he won a battle, but lost the war. Great strategy.  Within 18 months the market priced them, hardly used, at a £55k discount.  Not quite as bad as buying a new McLaren, but not far off.

GT430 was a great car. Is a great car. But it was eye wateringly expensive for what it was at full list price. I suspect very few sold at full list price.

‘The market’ didn’t have a clue what it was, selling a new car early is usually a distressed sale and the dealers offered a price that minimised the risk to them. The market appears to think a bit more highly of them now with none for sale currently and the last one advertised for £95k.

The GT430 Sport was £8000 less than the full aero GT430. They were £104k new with very few extras to add. I’m convinced if they brought it out now as an Evora FE it would have found a lot more buyers. Tamer version seems to be doing remarkably well in the US where it has at least been promoted.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

The market did know what it was and the £95k Silverstone car took some time to sell. As did the blue and empire green cars at £75k ish. And the liquid yellow one took 2 years to sell. Even though it was bloody gorgeous. The equally gorgeous Burnt orange one took 18 months to sell new at a considerable discount to list too. Again, a stunning car.

I can only think of one GT430 that looked like it was a distressed sale, a blue one.

Let's not get carried away now!

I actually predict the GT430 will increase in value by the way over time, but like the GTEs before it the values plateau for some time.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I’ve asked about pricing for the i4FE, not yet available. Why not, it is in China? I’ve asked what the i4FE HP will be, and why it’s 400HP in China, only to be told the base spec is 360HP but totally ignored my question about why the Chinese car is higher powered in FE spec.

Finding out that ADAS won’t be fitted on the car was from these forums, not from any Lotus communication. Yes, they will confirm it if you ask but you shouldn’t need to, they should have informed deposit payers first. Having to raise questions based upon things we only find out in forums is just not good enough. They still haven’t said why they’re not including something they lauded so highly in their launch brochure.

My heart tells me this car is truly stunning, but my head is asking if this really is “New Lotus” we’re dealing with. I’m still hoping I’m proved wrong and my heart wins but when it’s a lot of hard earned money, we deserve the answers to know for sure…….

• Like 2

On 19/11/2021 at 23:00, Nimbus-in-Notts said:

I’ve asked about pricing for the i4FE, not yet available. Why not, it is in China? I’ve asked what the i4FE HP will be, and why it’s 400HP in China, only to be told the base spec is 360HP but totally ignored my question about why the Chinese car is higher powered in FE spec.

Finding out that ADAS won’t be fitted on the car was from these forums, not from any Lotus communication. Yes, they will confirm it if you ask but you shouldn’t need to, they should have informed deposit payers first. Having to raise questions based upon things we only find out in forums is just not good enough. They still haven’t said why they’re not including something they lauded so highly in their launch brochure.

My heart tells me this car is truly stunning, but my head is asking if this really is “New Lotus” we’re dealing with. I’m still hoping I’m proved wrong and my heart wins but when it’s a lot of hard earned money, we deserve the answers to know for sure…….

I have to agree with all of the above and now this really doesn't help.....

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/115498-a-new-red-colour-for-2022/

In asking people to commit without the full information being available Lotus could be in danger of unleashing a shitstorm of changed and cancelled orders next year.

• Gold FFM

I cannot yet decide if Lotus are being clever or being obtuse - depends on one's perspective I guess.

Obviously, if they release the full price and options details for the i4 FE then they stand to lose some V6 orders but they are alienating a lot of people with the lack of transparency and changes.

I don't actually mind but I can see how this can be annoying.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Does anyone have any information on when those who have paid the second V6 FE deposit will be asked to fully commit? The confirmation email only said: "We’ll now start planning the build of your car and will be back in touch when it’s time to complete your order and confirm a production date." All a bit vague. Early next year? And will Lotus be expecting more money at that stage? 

I dont see how lotus can finalise the i4 pricing, until they know when they are building them.  Inflation is well over 4% and materials for everything are rising far faster.

Unless they run a token few down the line, I think the £60K base car wont happen, as they will be delivering 2021 prices in 2023 

If the UK i4FE turns into a 2023 delivery, then the base car could easily hit 2024

Edited by simonb

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, freefall_junkie said:

Does anyone have any information on when those who have paid the second V6 FE deposit will be asked to fully commit? The confirmation email only said: "We’ll now start planning the build of your car and will be back in touch when it’s time to complete your order and confirm a production date." All a bit vague. Early next year? And will Lotus be expecting more money at that stage? 

I asked Customer Care and they said they hadn't been given this information yet.

My other contacts at Lotus said (unofficially) it would be January for final deposit and build commitment, with the 3rd deposit taking your total deposits up to 10% of order value, so from £5,000 up to £7,600 plus 10% of whatever options you've added.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
43 minutes ago, TomE said:

My other contacts at Lotus said (unofficially) it would be January for final deposit and build commitment, with the 3rd deposit taking your total deposits up to 10% of order value, so from £5,000 up to £7,600 plus 10% of whatever options you've added.

😃  That's what he told me a while back too.  I am just keeping quiet  these days. Who knows....  

Truth be told, nobody actually knows as it is all still somewhat fluid.

My only real fear is not getting the Emira until September. I so want it for the summer.  I am just thankful that I am not having to face that long wait for an i4.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM

Exactly right, they are overwhelmed and trying to focus on what will keep everything moving, so things like making sure suppliers can provide many more components faster than originally anticipated (and this leads to things like the steering wheel TDC marker issue).

Unfortunately the bandwidth to put in place an effect comms strategy given the much higher number of deposits and enquiries also doesn't exist.  Taking the dealers out of the loop hasn't helped, as it's meant they can't give people many answers and so people are contacting Lotus direct (or looking online).  I've offered to draft a set of FAQs for Lotus folks to review and either endorse or publish themselves, but that offer has not been taken up.

I would imagine they're somewhat shell-shocked at the moment, because they didn't just get a burst of interest at Goodwood and that was it, it's a steady stream, and they're probably starting to realize this is only the beginning.  Once review cars get out for review and the general public sees these, that stream could turn into something much greater.  They wanted to be in the mainstream, and they got their wish.  The thing is, the mainstream moves a lot faster and is a lot stronger than the side pools and water at the edge of the river, which is where they've always been.  It would be difficult enough if everything else was normal, but with the supply chain issue, the tech shortage issue, the after-effects of a world pandemic, and now inflation rearing its ugly head, they've got their work cut out for them.

I have confidence they're going to make the adjustments necessary and be able to handle it, but the next 6 months or so are going to be a definite challenge.  

• Like 2