free hit
counters
Emira Isle of Man trip Sept 2022 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Isle of Man trip Sept 2022

TomE

• Gold FFM

Posting this here rather than Events as I'm planning this as a trip for Emiras.

I've organised and participated in many Lotus owners trips to the Isle of Man.  It's a great place for a long weekend, brilliant (de-restricted) roads, fantastic scenery and a lot of interesting things to do.

Next year I'm organising a trip over with 12 Emiras (ideally 2 of each colour).  Dates will be either 2-6th or 9-13th September.  Ferry over from Liverpool, Heysham, Dublin or Belfast.  Four nights in the Ramsey Park Hotel in the north of the island.  A few organised activities and plenty of time to do your own thing, with a long list of ideas if you haven't been to the Island before.

Cost will be £310-325 per person for couples sharing or £535-565 for singles.  Includes return ferry, 4 nights room and breakfast and associated taxes.  Excludes other meals, insurances and any accommodation before/after the ferry.  If you want to make a longer trip out of it then it's possible to vary the dates individually.

It will need a £40 per person deposit by 31 December and the balance six weeks before.  Obviously Emira delivery timeframes aren't fixed yet so if you need to drop out once your delivery date is advised then that's fine and I'll run a reserve list, including for other Lotus models.  My hunch is you'll need to have one of the first 800ish UK deposits (so first 400ish V6 FE build slots) to have your car in time for this, which means a deposit placed before end of Thursday 8 July, the first day of Goodwood.

Here's a short taster of the Island if you've never been:

Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you more details.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Sound great @TomE. Got the first bit right 8th July, but gone with i4 FE 🙄 put me down for 2023 😉

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I'm in. 100% and happy to film with Drone, etc.

I have trips planned too. I will be running the car in on a trip to Germany then a blast around the Ring.

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

I’d love to do something like this, unfortunately I can’t commit this far in advance. Also not sure where I am in the deposit line. I’ve gone for the V6 FE but my deposit was placed on the evening of the 8th (after getting home from Goodwood) 

Edited by Wake
Typo
  • Like 1

I could be interested.... assume I'm high enough up the queue to get the car in time. Never been to the island before...

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Situation so far:

Participants:

• TomE, Hethel Yellow
  • PhilCP, Seneca Blue
  • Evotion, details tbc
  • Wake, Hethel Yellow
  • Frickin_idiot, Nimbus Grey (deposit 16 July so delivery timing tbc)
  • Mctaff, Verdant Green
  • Pugwash, Magma Red

Non-TLF participants: 1x Seneca Blue, 1x Nimbus Grey, 1x Magma Red plus 2 reserves with later deposits.  And a future Emira owner who lives on the Island and may have his car in time.

So currently there are open slots for 1x Verdant Green and 2x Shadow Grey plus the reserve list.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Lotus told you that?  

Interesting in that I don't believe Lotus have any real idea yet on deliveries and the Customer Care team know even less. 

The first deliveries of AMG i4 were last mentioned as Jan 2023 - I wonder if that still holds true given the later V6 uptake. 

i.e. Think how many global orders there have been since your 12th July deposit and it starts to look like the V6 FE will continue right through 2023.

So, the real question is when on earth will own-spec cars actually be delivered!?

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM

Thanks @marclurr, will add you to the list.  Out of interest, when did you pay your deposit?

@James Baly I'm surprised they're saying 12 July deposit is a 2023 delivery, as I know people with later deposits have been told Q4 2022.  Are you going for V6 or i4?  Happy to add you to the reserves list.

Latest is as follows.

Participants:

• TomE, Hethel Yellow
  • PhilCP, Seneca Blue
  • Evotion, Nimbus Grey
  • Wake, Hethel Yellow
  • Mctaff, Verdant Green
  • Pugwash, Magma Red
  • Non-TLF participants: 1x Seneca Blue, 1x Magma Red, 1x Nimbus Grey

Reserves:

• maclurr, Magma Red, deposit date tbc
  • James Baly, Nimbus Grey, paid deposit 12 July
  • 2x non-TLF reserves with post 8 July deposits
  • 1x future Emira owner who lives on the Island and may have his car in time

So currently there are open slots for 1x Verdant Green and 2x Shadow Grey plus the reserve list.

I work with large scale IT deployments. Kit we ordered last July is still not fully delivered due to chip shortages (now expected in Feb 22). Usual lead time is 4-6 weeks... This is not likely to improve for at least 6 months according to Cisco's CEO. The same chap who indicated the 2023 delivery time mentioned that Lotus is "not too bad for chips" but then gave examples of friends getting new Volvo and Porsche with only one key and no sunroofs to save on chips.

4 minutes ago, TomE said:

Thanks @marclurr, will add you to the list.  Out of interest, when did you pay your deposit?

@James Baly I'm surprised they're saying 12 July deposit is a 2023 delivery, as I know people with later deposits have been told Q4 2022.  Are you going for V6 or i4?  Happy to add you to the reserves list.

Latest is as follows.

Participants:

• TomE, Hethel Yellow
  • PhilCP, Seneca Blue
  • Evotion, Nimbus Grey
  • Wake, Hethel Yellow
  • Mctaff, Verdant Green
  • Pugwash, Magma Red

Reserves:

V6 Manual

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I'd heard similar about Jaguars.  Slightly worrying if Volvo are affected, as a Geely sister company.

A couple of senior Lotus folks told me they were less concerned, as they had a relatively small requirement compared to Volvo or Jaguar, the purchasing influence of Geely and orders placed early.

But those aren't guarantees and I suspect the low key removal of ADAS between Emira reveal and announcing specs/pricing may have been driven by chip supply issues.

I gather Lotus offered several Elise Final Edition customers free hard tops so they could deliver their cars, as they had an issue with soft top supplies and these will be provided to them later.

1 hour ago, TomE said:

Latest is as follows.

Participants:

• TomE, Hethel Yellow
  • PhilCP, Seneca Blue
  • Evotion, Nimbus Grey
  • Wake, Hethel Yellow
  • Mctaff, Verdant Green
  • Pugwash, Magma Red

Reserves:

Deposit was morning of 7th July (or whatever the day after reveal was).

Cheers

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Updated list below.  Three spare slots in the main group for 1x Verdant Green and 2x Shadow Grey.

The reserve list will stay open for additions until at least January, when we should have info on individual delivery dates.

The main group will be getting the ferry via Liverpool.  If you're planning to go via Heysham, Dublin or Belfast can you message me and I'll make sure I get those sailing times too.

Participants:

• TomE, Hethel Yellow
  • PhilCP, Seneca Blue
  • Evotion, Nimbus Grey
  • Wake, Hethel Yellow
  • Mctaff, Verdant Green
  • Pugwash, Magma Red

Available spaces:

• 1x Verdant Green
  • 2x Shadow Grey
  • plus the reserves list

Reserves:

• maclurr, Magma Red, paid deposit 7 July
  • 5x non-TLF reserves with post 8 July deposits

On 12/11/2021 at 18:02, James Baly said:

I got my deposit in on 12th July. Informed by a Lotus employee last week that I'm likely to be a 2023 delivery (especially if you factor in chip shortages..) I'd love to be on the Nimbus shortlist please?

Has Lotus made any public statement of when deliveries will be made? 

• Gold FFM

It says Spring 2022 for UK V6 FE on the configurator and the T&Cs for the second deposit had this:

2021-10-30 config fee terms 1 - timing.JPG

I've been told April/May for first UK customer deliveries is still the target and to expect more info in Dec/Jan on individual build dates for the first 6 months of production.

I gather some people at the US roadshows have been told to expect their first deliveries in Autumn 2022 rather than Summer.  That may be because Lotus are trying to meet the larger than expected UK demand by delaying the start of US deliveries by 2-3 months rather than an overall delay.

• Gold FFM

Hi folks, for those on the participant list can you drop me a private message with your email address and real name so I can send you the booking form and let the tour company know who to expect forms and deposits from.

If you're on the reserve list then it's OK to hold on until January when we will all hopefully have more info on delivery dates.