free hit
counters
Type 132 - Page 15 - Type 132 - Lotus Eletre - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 132

Bibs

1 hour ago, DarrylV8 said:

again an article which states joined by larger SUV, i assume the Type 134 is going to be extremely large then!

"One of four EVs for the brand that will be launched over the next five years, the first model being readied by Lotus will be joined by a larger SUV and four-door Porsche Taycan rival."

Now I'm utterly confused. initially under JMG (so a long time ago ) the first SUV to come to market was benchmarked against the Maccan. They JMG left and Popham showed up and we knew we were getting not one but two ESUVs, one benchmarked against Maccan the other against Cayenne. Still the Maccan competitor was to come first. Then Type 135 came along and by the look of it and rumour surrounding it, it is a Cayenne or Model X class ESUV. Other than Cullinan there's nothing bigger if you exclude Americans Lincoln Navigator, Ford Expedition... so I am going to go on a limb and think it is a blunder from the journos.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I wonder if 1 journo made an error saying the 134 was bigger, and that so many of them have just copied and pasted without really knowing.  Anyway the pic posted above is from Lotus facebook page so it is probably accurate to what we expect next week.

And then will we 100% know if the 134 is bigger/smaller.....????/

• Like 1

Followed a Porsche Cayenne on way home today well for about 20 miles mainly on 50mph speed camera road 

happy with the size but the Lotus must hold the road/handle better wasn’t impressed with the Porsche yes I know I was only following 

if the type 132 ends up being Macan size even better 

Edited by DarrylV8

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

On 19/03/2022 at 14:44, TomE said:

...until the reveal of the car, but the name is being announced in the next 6 days :)

Name tomorrow?????

Only Four more days to wait for the reveal this is going to be a long weekend!

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

So we still don't know what ti is called yet?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Some are expecting it  today... have to keep an eye (or 2) on the Lotus facebook page....

If we don't get the name today  - then - makes me wonder if the reveal next week is going to have all the details of the 132 - not just the name...

• Gold FFM

It was described to me as a two-step process, name one week and show the car/give details the next week.  They could have changed their plans since two weeks ago I guess.

• Gold FFM

They can call it “Colin” for all I care. Seriously, this whole slow reveal marketing build up personally just leaves me cold 🙄.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomE said:

It was described to me as a two-step process, name one week and show the car/give details the next week.  They could have changed their plans since two weeks ago I guess.

Well, nothing has happened today - so it looks like the reveal next week will be the name - and I wonder how much else....

• Gold FFM

For those of us who've been part of the Emira experience, this is nothing new!  Don't get your hopes up too much.

• Like 1

Well less than three and a half days, till reveal. I’m hoping Lotus gets the Comms right for the Type 132 as @TomEsays the Emira certainly wasn’t Lotus finest 

Darryl & Sue

Maybe the interest in the Emira caught Lotus off guard?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Don't think they were expecting quite such a surge of Emira orders and then how those who had placed an order would be kept informed of spec/colours/deliveries etc - as per the various Emira threads. Maybe they will have learnt from the recent  past.

Looking back at the 4 teasers last year that only pre-ceded the showing of the 132 to a handful of people in China, it built up one to see the car before Xmas. But here we are now some months later hoping we get some proper details next Tuesday, not just its name. We need to know the specs/size/costs/range and when it will tour the dealers so can have a chance to actually see and sit in it. And then see how it drives???. As being a total market change for Lotus it will take all the info etc to decide to order 1. 

Less than two and half days till the reveal 

Edited by DarrylV8
Updated

Darryl & Sue

On 25/03/2022 at 13:05, exeterjeep said:

Well, nothing has happened today - so it looks like the reveal next week will be the name - and I wonder how much else....

It is probably going to be a static studio reveal, like Emira got, before a formal unveil a few days later in Beijing where this vehicle will be primarily sold.  Expect the usual organized leaks less than 48h before the reveal and because Lotus is on a roll and this one is a very big deal for Lotus, journos and social media influencers are going to gun their releases as soon as embargo is lifted.

Eletre-Logo-Still-Landscape-BST.jpg

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

24 minutes ago, NedaSay said:

Lotus Eletre

https://www.lotuscars.com/en-CA/type-132/

Interestingly it is a London unveil

And I really thought it would be here in Exeter!!  

Do we get told how to pronounce it. 

Lotus cars working overtime to get the name released on  mothering Sunday...

I now hope that we get a good set of info about it on Tuesday.

I see the email I got says...I wonder then if all other EV's are not accessible????

the first accessible EV and the first SUV.

It is not going to be the easiest to pronounce for some, not the hardest either [ˈeːlɛtrɛ] from Hungarian it seems. Will it catch on is the real question.

I was really banking on Esper...

Taken from the Hungarian word for “Coming to Life”...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Evora NA