free hit
counters
Little details… - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Little details…

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Ha - Brilliant. Keep the details coming.

I was only aware of the exhaust tops as Lotus went to great lengths to get this mentioned.

The mesh covering the detail on the linkage is well known.

The Avantador lift-up flappy start button thing is known - though not sure how I feel about it.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM
Just now, Evotion said:

The Avantador lift-up flappy start button thing is known - though not sure how I feel about it

It will be a fun novelty before it quickly becomes a bloody pain in the arse feature.

Marketing over practicality. Form over function. 

Or in my language, a fooking stupid waste of time gimmick especially in a car designed to be a daily driver! Oh and when it breaks, it will be on backorder for months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Yeah, this was my worry. They did not have to do it and I bet somebody rallied against it.

Still, for me, getting in and driving the Emira will all be about maximising the experience. I won't be shop running it, for example, so this all adds to it I guess.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

You can push the button through it. No drama.

The Emira has a downforce display :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
27 minutes ago, Bibs said:

You can push the button through it. No drama.

Looks like an awkward faff to me, though it may just be because i have fat fingers.  Love that tan interior though. Would be uber cool if you could specify the colour of the stripe in the seat, hopefully an "exclusives" option further down the line.

New Lotus Emira Top Gear configurator

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

44 minutes ago, Bibs said:

You can push the button through it.

I read that somewhere so I tried it.

Not really unless with my finger at a funny angle.

I wonder if the silly flap would come off without leaving screw holes?

Wondering the same about the mesh over the gearchange mech.

48 minutes ago, Bibs said:

The Emira has a downforce display :D

Wonder how that works?

I’ll wager there are no ride-height sensors so it’s probably fancy graphics and guesswork.

15 minutes ago, KJD said:

probably fancy graphics and calibration 

:thumbup:

• Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Steady on, there's only room for one Emira nay-sayer.....

Edited by Bravo73
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, C8RKH said:

It will be a fun novelty before it quickly becomes a bloody pain in the arse feature.

Marketing over practicality. Form over function. 

Or in my language, a fooking stupid waste of time gimmick especially in a car designed to be a daily driver! Oh and when it breaks, it will be on backorder for months.

I saw a review where it was mentioned as a design requirement in some jurisdiction or other, to prevent accidental button press. (Perhaps the regulators should be more worried about the proliferation of screens in cars... just sayin').

But maybe the reviewer was wrong and it is just added weight!

• Like 1

If thats all people have complain about for me it looks like Lotus have done a tremendous job on the Emira’s interior. Perhaps the diehards would say what’s wrong with a key or even one of these 😂

F862E9EB-3045-4866-BCBB-54203988435F.jpeg

• Haha 2

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, scotty435 said:

If thats all people have complain about for me it looks like Lotus have done a tremendous job on the Emira’s interior. Perhaps the diehards would say what’s wrong with a key or even one of these 😂

That's just silly. However given how easy it seems to be to steal cars with keyless ignitions....  Also, at least with a key you had somewhere to put it!

Take the Evora 4xx cars the addition of the start button was a folly. You still had to put the key in the ignition and turn it...   But maybe they realised finally, after 22 years the design was right from the VX220!

It's not about being a diehard, its merely pointing out a folly/vanity/trend following form over function item 

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Actually that wouldn't be such a bad thing. Seeing as most cars these days are autobox so can be given a pushstart when the starter motor fails, I definitely see a case to bring back the cranking handle! Stored neatly in the unused spare wheel well, next to the tyre repair kit and removable towing point. 😛

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.