free hit
counters
Chinese Market AMG FE in Seneca Blue - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Chinese Market AMG FE in Seneca Blue

Eagle7

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 minutes ago, simonb said:

LOTUS NYO??

on the badges

I Googled it as hadn't heard about it myself, but apparently that's now the official name in China.

Cheers for that, those are probably the best pictures of it online. Lots of details that you're squinting to see in other images.

1 hour ago, marclurr said:

I Googled it as hadn't heard about it myself, but apparently that's now the official name in China.

Did the same...

Lotus officially arrived in China today with the Evora and Elise. And with a new name as well: Lutesi, to differentiate from Youngman’s ‘Lianhua’ Lotus-line. Big surprise though was a new logo with the letters NYO added. According to the Chinese press ‘NYO’ stands for ‘new’, again to differentiate from Youngman. A bit of a strange story that is since Youngman doesn’t use the Lotus-logo.

• Gold FFM

Definitely a new car as the Blue UK car was right hand drive.

Good pics. I have to say - it is a huge leap in interior quality.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

"Initial released First Edition will output a higher 400HP and 480NM torque. Acceleration will be reduced to 4.3s."

This refers still to an i4, or are we talking v6 now? Still on the fence about that choice. 

Great pictures, thanks!

Should be seeing the European mule tomorrow, but they're probably announcing a new lockdown tonight, so fingers crossed it doesn't actually *start* tonight.

Edited by JJ

Slightly longer translation makes it clearer they are referring to the i4 though to be clear this is a random person/journalist writing on the internet so could be complete bullshit.

Lotus have stated the i4 will be a 360bhp engine at launch.

The Chinese standard model will be equipped with a 2.0T engine from AMG with can output 360hp and 430Nm torque with 8 speed dual clutch transmission. It takes 4.5s to accelerate 0-100km/h

The First Edition that went on the market first can output higher 400HP and 480Nm torque. The acceleration time will also be shortened to 4.3 seconds. Interestingly the laters maximum hp is almost equal to overseas 3.5 V6 supercharged version. The torque is even more than 50Nm but I still want V6 plus manual transmission

30 minutes ago, JJ said:

"Initial released First Edition will output a higher 400HP and 480NM torque. Acceleration will be reduced to 4.3s."

This refers still to an i4, or are we talking v6 now? Still on the fence about that choice. 

Great pictures, thanks!

Should be seeing the European mule tomorrow, but they're probably announcing a new lockdown tonight, so fingers crossed it doesn't actually *start* tonight.

Was the torque in the V6 that high? I had 420nm in mind. I can’t remember though 

• Gold FFM

Agreed. Every you look there is a different 'fact''.

The only tiniest thing that might change this is local CO2 rules and/or an extended delay in the I4 being actually built which might give Lotus more room to manoeuvre with Merc's help.

On 12/11/2021 at 03:13, simonb said:

LOTUS NYO??

on the badges

[edit] found it https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1920341 another chinese company got there first - lol

Geely was supposed to have worked on that and gotten the brand back I guess  they haven't ironed out that deal yet. Sad.

• Gold FFM

Interesting info from a Chinese deposit holder on another forum.  No V6 in China, only i4 but will be available in FE and Base specs.  i4 being publicised by car media and YouTubers as 400hp - not clear if Lotus have told them to say that.  Being unveiled at Guangzhou Expo on 19 November.  Price not yet released.

• Gold FFM

If they do get 400HP off the bat on the i4 then that will piss off a LOT of the rest of the world.

Even if China has less stringent emissions regs that would be very naughty from Lotus.

Not sure I believe it anyway. Even the cars meant for China are built at Hethel and we have already assumed that only the V6 cars are being made in 2022.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, Evotion said:

If they do get 400HP off the bat on the i4 then that will piss off a LOT of the rest of the world.

Even if China has less stringent emissions regs that would be very naughty from Lotus.

Not sure I believe it anyway. Even the cars meant for China are built at Hethel and we have already assumed that only the V6 cars are being made in 2022.

If it turns out to be true, my V6 auto order will be cancelled as a same 400HP AMG with DCT has so much more potential and the V6 auto residuals would plummet.

We were told the AMG was being (de)tuned to 360 to suit Lotus’ required characteristics but that’s not really true if there’s already one with 400HP. I sincerely hope this info is incorrect. 

Well considering Geely has invested a massive amount into Lotus, I don't seeing it being "naughty"  to accommodate their major investor by giving them a version that works for their market.  If this is true, then this would only be available in China so I wouldn't cancel my order expecting that a market specific model would be available elsewhere.  Even if you could get one from China, good luck with getting it out of the country and past customs; especially if it's NOT certified to meet the emissions standards where you are.

There's another possibility here.  If the FE launch edition of the i4 has more power than a base model, it's possible that Lotus could be doing the same thing with the V6 FE; they just haven't said anything about it yet.  It would be a pleasant surprise to have them announce that the V6 FE has passed homologation and is rated at 430 hp, or close to it.  That would be a nice little extra bonus for buying an FE.  That's just pure speculation though, so don't go quoting or announcing it as though it's real.  It's just a guess, IF the China report about the i4 FE is accurate.

• Gold FFM

Lotus have made a big point about Emira being a world car, able to be sold in all target markets without significant regional specification variations.  A China-specific i4 therefore seems unlikely.

I’m told the tax in China is based on engine capacity rather than emissions and is something like 5% for i4 and 25% for V6.  This is being put forward as a reason for not offering the V6 in China.  But other countries with big tax differences are getting both engine choices.

This all seems inconsistent and a bit strange.