free hit
counters
Ignition Cylinder Locked Up - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Ignition Cylinder Locked Up

So this morning the ignition cylinder on the Lotus decided to lock up, I have messed with it for some time trying Graphite Lube, then Lock De-Icer, then taping it, then hitting it a little harder out of frustration and it will not turn. I have also tried turning the steering wheel while doing all this it is just locked up for whatever reason.

I noticed a GM Stamp in the casting but I have not found any reference to what this part reference might be for me to look one up and hopefully find one in the states. Would be great to also get the car running again just so I can move it around to my back pad and keep it there and just use this as an opportunity to do my intake manifold gaskets, coils, shifter bushings and other things I have been planning to do but first I need to get a part ordered and figure out what I am missing if anything.

I have thought about just converting to a push button start but I am not sure I want to really... I guess I will look up if anyone else has done it.

I found this on SJ:
A082H4046F - STEERING COLUMN LOCK
https://www.sjsportscars.com/parts-and-accessories/A082H4046F.htm

Edited by Wanderor Cross

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well with how easy it was to take out I think I thought I could take it to a lock smith and it would be easy to fix but they took one look at it and said they can't get parts for it and that I was SOL...

So I am buying an RFID Push to start system and just going to run that.