Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
who knows were to connect thes wires? SE 87 chargecooler injection - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

who knows were to connect thes wires? SE 87 chargecooler injection

rowald

Hi Forum, We are in the last stage of a hurge project, taking the engine out in order to swap[ the fuel tanks.

After reconnecting everything, ther is one connection we forgot to mark and we have no clue were to fit it.

It is a subharnash coming from the ECU compartment containing 3 leads, 2 leads having two wires and connectors, 1 lead having double wires and connectors. Colours: purple and black, yellow and brown, double grey and double black

We believe they should be connected to sensors or switches. Who can tell?

imglotus1.jpg

imglotus2.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You had me going, thinking this was a USA Bosch FI question.😙

Turned out to be  a GM MPFI SE.🤪

Any possibility that those connectors enabled the heated rear screen on the hatch? Verify with the wire colors. If that is the case, the gas struts should have terminals incorporated. (Although some owners had eliminated the connectors by using aftermarket gas struts)

If a North American spec model, some might enable the CHMSL. (Center High Mounted Stop Lamps)

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

On my SE there are a few unused connectors near the ECU. Probably from a generic harness that caters for features not fitted (like emission equipment) or from previous versions.

The only things I can think of with similar connectors are the low coolant sensors in both tanks.

I don't have my manual at hand, looking up the wire colors will definitely point you in the right direction.

BTW, I thought the SE only arrived in '89? Or have you swapped the engine to an older car?

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 1 month later...

Thanks all, we found the solution. These wires appeared to be dummies in this ngine configuration and are not connected at all. 

Ik found an identical issue in this forum with the same set of wires.

• Thanks 2