free hit
counters
Delivery schedule - Page 5 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content


IGNORED

Delivery schedule


Abgreenbank

Recommended Posts

  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, stephenwhyte said:

Ade have you seen this weeks Autocar yet (pic from the article below)……there are lot’s of cars on the production line shown, at the time the photos were taken - they’re coming (apparently there are around an additional 35 “engaged in final testing” in different destination over the world) and you’ll see all the first Edition options in good time. Interesting to see how many LHD cars are featured in the photo below from Autocar.

I personally reckon very soon in fact which will help you all with your initial orders. Don’t quote me as it’s just my feel on the situation but we need to keep the Lotus faith👍😉

 

 

Nah, not seen that.  Cool pic.

Pre-production cars but one cannot help but wonder if the yellow, red and grey cars are properly FE painted cars.

I suspect not but then it is interesting that they are teasing us with similar those colours.

Great pic of the width of that rear tyre.

  • Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
4 minutes ago, Evotion said:

Great pic of the width of that rear tyre

Look at the size of the bloody seats though!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great article, thanks for posting this!  I noticed the redline is 7,000 rpm according to the article.  Is that new?  I thought they had previously indicated it was 6,500 rpm?  It all looks like things are moving right along.  Good to see!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
5 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Ade have you seen this weeks Autocar yet (pic from the article below)……there are lot’s of cars on the production line shown, at the time the photos were taken - they’re coming (apparently there are around an additional 35 “engaged in final testing” in different destination over the world) and you’ll see all the first Edition options in good time. Interesting to see how many LHD cars are featured in the photo below from Autocar.

I personally reckon very soon in fact which will help you all with your initial orders. Don’t quote me as it’s just my feel on the situation but we need to keep the Lotus faith👍😉

Week of 24 Jan for a major update, hopefully including those pictures we keep being promised of painted cars.  Unfortunately too late for people with June deliveries, who have been told this week their specs are now locked in and any further changes mean delaying delivery.

2 hours ago, Eagle7 said:

Great article, thanks for posting this!  I noticed the redline is 7,000 rpm according to the article.  Is that new?  I thought they had previously indicated it was 6,500 rpm?  It all looks like things are moving right along.  Good to see!

6800rpm in Tour, 7000rpm in Sport/Track/Off

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Ade have you seen this weeks Autocar yet (pic from the article below)……there are lot’s of cars on the production line shown, at the time the photos were taken - they’re coming (apparently there are around an additional 35 “engaged in final testing” in different destination over the world) and you’ll see all the first Edition options in good time. Interesting to see how many LHD cars are featured in the photo below from Autocar.

I personally reckon very soon in fact which will help you all with your initial orders. Don’t quote me as it’s just my feel on the situation but we need to keep the Lotus faith👍😉

78D07A06-19CE-45D3-AEA3-C32BE90D2716.jpeg

 

Is that two white cars on the right, another colour coming??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TomE said:

Unfortunately too late for people with June deliveries, who have been told this week their specs are now locked in and any further changes mean delaying delivery.

I've was told in December my car is scheduled for June delivery but haven't had any contact since to confirm my specification. Wondering whether I should bother trying to contact them or just wait it out?

Edited by marclurr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
53 minutes ago, marclurr said:

I've was told in December my car is scheduled for June delivery but haven't had any contact since to confirm my specification. Wondering whether I should bother trying to contact them or just wait it out?

If you want to make any changes then call them asap.  The emails sent to people who've requested changes suggest that specs are now locked in for the June batch.

It's pretty poor.  We were told at 2nd deposit we'd be able to make changes up until 3rd deposit.  Now they've decided we don't need to pay that and also appear to have decided that specs as at 2nd deposit are "final".  But without asking everyone if they want to make any changes or being clear that there is a deadline (which now appears to have passed).

I'm happy with my spec but I know others are waiting for the promised colour pictures and confirmation on the ambiguity on diamond cut wheels, for example.  Others are waiting for the finance info and some would like to know pricing on i4 FE and Base V6 + option costs.

The early adopters are taking a level of risk, with no test drives or press reviews, but don't seem to be getting much in the way of consideration of that or the info needed to help make deciions and reassure them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Emiralust said:

When they phoned you, did you make any changes? I think the email i received was only because i made changes

That may explain it, I didn't ask for any changes. Though if I remember correctly the person said there would be a new link given to a configurator for us make any final changes (which may change the delivery date) and lock in the configuration. I was just expecting an updated version of what we used to pay the second deposit. If they're telling people that their configuration is now locked in perhaps they've decided against that approach. Anyway, roll on w/c 24th, hopefully there'll be a juicy update for us :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TomE said:

If you want to make any changes then call them asap.  The emails sent to people who've requested changes suggest that specs are now locked in for the June batch.

It's pretty poor.  We were told at 2nd deposit we'd be able to make changes up until 3rd deposit.  Now they've decided we don't need to pay that and also appear to have decided that specs as at 2nd deposit are "final".  But without asking everyone if they want to make any changes or being clear that there is a deadline (which now appears to have passed).

I'm happy with my spec but I know others are waiting for the promised colour pictures and confirmation on the ambiguity on diamond cut wheels, for example.  Others are waiting for the finance info and some would like to know pricing on i4 FE and Base V6 + option costs.

The early adopters are taking a level of risk, with no test drives or press reviews, but don't seem to be getting much in the way of consideration of that or the info needed to help make deciions and reassure them.

Cheers for that, it looks like quite a lot has passed me (and many others I suspect!) by. Thankfully I wasn't looking to modify any part of my configuration, just got a little FOMO when I heard others were getting emails 😆 I was looking forward to finance information but given we can drop out at any point until 30 days before delivery there's plenty of time to spin the man-maths and pull out if the numbers don't work out for me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
14 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Look at the size of the bloody seats though!

Ha, yeah, from this angle they look like armchairs.

Still, for most this is not an Exige replacement - though an S or GT off the bat with less creature comforts and less weight would have been a great option for many.

  • Like 2

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

I saw the orange wheels and found myself thinking "Umm, might get those".

Honestly, this Emiraddiction is getting serious.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They're just handy wheels to roll the VP cars around on! :)

 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just had my call

I’m also June… placed my deposit on the morning on the 8th July.

no clue when photos of real cars might be visible.

apparently the update next week is finance costs… email has just arrived:

“From January you will be able to go online and view your finance and payment options and see the list of Lotus agents who will be ready to hand over your car. If you are interested in trading in a car, you’ll be able to get an indicative valuation online.”

…. and if I change my spec

“Please be aware that you can still make changes to your configuration, however it will delay your delivery into July. This is subject to change.”

Edited by Mctaff
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I thought that wasn’t too bad. I still had a whinge that they still had zero idea when painted cars might start to appear.

I’d imagine a number of people are asking this question… it seems bizarre they can’t answer it, given they clearly have a production line of half completed cars of multiple colours!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi All, 

I received this reply from customer care regarding the diamond cut alloys when i asked if they will be like the blue uk show car or the Shanghai wall hung alloy we’ve seen pictures of at Lotus NYO. They say the Diamond cut alloys will be the same as the ones on the pre production car in the UK. 

 

14A50659-2432-49F6-899E-C7B85512113B.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just had a quick chat with customer care to see what's what with deposits etc.  After some dancing around we determined that Lotus have changed what they said before about the 3rd deposit in Jan to seal the deal.  The announcement coming should clarify all with regard to deposits, contracts, when the point of no return is, finance, part ex etc.  The very friendly cust care guy said that he had heard from other customers about the 3rd Jan deposit thing.  I commented that wasn't surprising as that was what Lotus had told everyone!  It all feels a bit cloak and dagger, or just a bit naff.  He agreed it could be better, but that the forthcoming comms would clear it all up!

He said they have high confidence of the June delivery date for the Juners.  We'll see.

I better re-check my spec just in case there's anything I don't like in retrospect!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...