free hit
counters
Delivery schedule - Page 6 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Delivery schedule

Abgreenbank

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, MaJiK said:

Mine doesn't have the first paragraph due to putting down a deposit late.

Would be nice if they give us all delivery dates 

No timescale reference on mine either, but no surprise as I placed the initial deposit only at the tail end of last year. That was deliberate as I've no intention of buying "off plan".  So some time away in whatever case, so hardly practicable to give any delivery indication. 

What I don't think can apply either is the "See ... a part exchange valuation."  A PX will be a significant aspect of a purchase for me but AFAIK Lotus have no information on my current car.  I suspect what they mean is Information about obtaining a PX valuation.

1 hour ago, Graham Ridgway said:

The wholly amusing thing is that re-reading the terms on the current configurator, it is at pains to point out that we've not actually ordered cars yet!

I just called Lotus cust svc people and confirmed this.  She was a bit bemused by my question "have I ordered an Emira yet?", but it's right, I've not ordered one and Lotus have not committed to sell me one.  That happens 30 days before delivery.  So plenty of time I guess to read reviews, possibly get a test drive, look at the real colours, change my mind completely maybe before the final commitment.  On the downside, I guess, Lotus can change their mind about the car, the spec, the cost. the delivery schedule or anything else really until that point.

1 hour ago, Graham Ridgway said:

I just called Lotus cust svc people and confirmed this.  She was a bit bemused by my question "have I ordered an Emira yet?", but it's right, I've not ordered one and Lotus have not committed to sell me one.  That happens 30 days before delivery.  So plenty of time I guess to read reviews, possibly get a test drive, look at the real colours, change my mind completely maybe before the final commitment.  On the downside, I guess, Lotus can change their mind about the car, the spec, the cost. the delivery schedule or anything else really until that point.

Graham, all the fun of "e-commerce", as I note from the header to today's email.  Lotus can call it whatever modern term they like but I will be applying very old-fashioned principles to any purchase I might make! 

• 2 weeks later...

Silly question - how do I check my configuration - it’s been so long I wanted to double check that I got everything correct. 
My deposit was 8am on 9th July so I am thinking I may be in the next batch for July delivery.

thanks

construction and property consultants : My company

Some conflicting info here. I've asked for clarification. (this from my email)

Please be aware that you can still make changes to your configuration before 4th of February, however it will delay your delivery by a month. This is subject to change.

This is the wording from the email I received today (2nd Feb), and also what I was told during my phone call.

Please be aware that you can still make changes to your configuration before the 4th of February, however any changes after this date will most likely delay your delivery by a month. This is subject to change.

1 hour ago, Beady said:

Silly question - how do I check my configuration - it’s been so long I wanted to double check that I got everything correct. 
My deposit was 8am on 9th July so I am thinking I may be in the next batch for July delivery.

thanks

Right on cue - email just received - July delivery.

• Like 2

construction and property consultants : My company

10th July deposit and Aug delivery with the same note about 4th Feb. I would have thought that with Aug delivery you would be able to change spec later than 4th Feb - Ill query this!

- just spoke to LCC and for July and Aug deliveries any amendments have to be done by 4th Feb if you dont want to delay your build / delivery.

Edited by Whitey
  • Like 1

On 02/02/2022 at 12:53, Beady said:

Right on cue - email just received - July delivery.

So I received the same. But it also said I would be able to see payment / finance options and lotus agents for delivery. 

I’ve not decided on cash vs finance, is there supposed to be a link to a finance section? 

Finance is on the website configurator… click the price at the bottom and the finance bit pops up