free hit
counters
Advice needed on interior trim - 340r - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Advice needed on interior trim

GoldenGun

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Dupont 'soft feel' paints were used on 340R. 

Getting bits of trim off in one piece or undamaged can be tricky. A few cars have had interiors completely changed to alternate colourways, so all is possible. If you want as original, finding a body shop that can paint it correctly could be a challenge but surely possible.

If you use the car, it will all get scuffed again so ask yourself, why bother.

Justin

• Thanks 1

Could get messy....blue fabric insert needs removing, I don't think you can paint the panel with bubbling paint with the blue insert in situ.

I would personally be worried about any restoration looking correct. The paint codes are known, I have them somewhere on file.

Justin

My 340R is totally original, so I have no experience of restoration but have seen lots of cars over the years so I'm not talking from a lack of some knowledge. 

Maidstone Sports Cars may have some suggestions  - they have done Honda engine conversions and lots of other mods over the years. 

Bell and Colvill perhaps but they outsource paintwork I think. 

Max500 Guildford perhaps. I know Max quite well, I can ask. 

Allon White, though some trim work I have seen recently was not as good as I had expected. 

Justin