free hit
counters
Evora LE clutch issues - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora LE clutch issues

I'm in the process of buying a low mileage LE (59 plate) and on test drive, i noticed the clutch pedal to be a bit heavy initially but through the gears not noticeable. My hunch is it could be a hydraulic issue - master/slave seals perhaps but was looking for advice/reassurance etc. Car still has  couple of months left on warranty.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Clutch weight seems to vary on pre-2012MY Evora NA. Some are very heavy, others appear to be less noticeable. 

Mine has always been heavy...even with a new clutch and lightened flywheel at 68,000 miles. I hardly notice it now, though the Sport 410 I also drive is noticeably lighter. Perhaps I have a hydraulic issue, though main dealer has not suggested that.

So it may be a specific issue or just the way it is on your purchase.

Hangar111 do a 'gearbox in' clutch change, main dealer is engine out. May be worth a chat to Hangar111 as they seem to have useful experience of Evora.

Justin

My Evora S  (63 plate) had a heavy clutch, when at traffic lights or in a queue situation would take it out of gear rather than sitting for 30 secs or whatever.  The clutch on the gt430 seems lighter as I can hold it down longer at lights or in slightly queuing traffic.  If you live near another evora owner, ask them just to have a quick feel of the pedal or try theirs as well (don't even need to actually drive it...)

My 2010 NA is heavy and clunky at cold start until warms up after 20 mins then clutch seems a little easier but it might be how I perceive things than reality ?

my car is nearing 60k on original clutch so possibly banking on a clutch replacement in next couple of years ????

not sure if clutch is replaced then cables etc are done I assume it makes a difference Hangar 11 or lotus dealer can advise as well as the very knowledgeable folk on this forum 

6 hours ago, Hedcat said:

I'm in the process of buying a low mileage LE (59 plate) and on test drive, i noticed the clutch pedal to be a bit heavy initially but through the gears not noticeable. My hunch is it could be a hydraulic issue - master/slave seals perhaps but was looking for advice/reassurance etc. Car still has  couple of months left on warranty.

When I got my Evora this year I thought it was slightly heavy to press the clutch but having been in others they are all the same. I did a test by putting some packing on the seat to lift my position and found it helped as pressing the clutch peddle down as compared to pushing it straight. I also noticed the same issue when I had a VX220 and a Europa Vs normal daily cars. Replacing the master/slave cylinders will not help the heavy peddle feeling.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/01/2022 at 09:24, Hedcat said:

Did you buy it?

• 3 weeks later...