free hit
counters
Left side air scoop feeds what? - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Left side air scoop feeds what?

Hi All,

On my 82 Turbo Esprit, the driver's side (RHD) air scoop feeds the engine's intake. The passenger side scoop however has been modified by a previous owner and simply sends air across the left side fuel tank via a bendy hose and vaguely into the engine compartment. It's all a bit ugly and cobbled together.

Can anyone tell me what is the factory arrangement for the left side scoop? If anyone has a photo of the standard setup, that would be terrific.

Many Thanks,
Keir

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks mate, that's really helpful. I appreciate you providing that.

Looks as though the left side scoop provides nothing more than a gentle waft of air into the engine compartment.

I don't have that cover (part 069 on the diagram), which looks like it's to stop water or projectiles being fired onto the engine. I doubt that there's much air pressure remaining after the restrictions imposed by that bendy hose though.

Regards,
Keir

10 hours ago, Keir said:

I don't have that cover (part 069 on the diagram)

That's listed as Air Deflector, Engine Sidewall. No longer available 

You can access the parts manuals here :thumbup:

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

I was going to suggest that it was open because if it was blocked off then it would create more drag on the LHS than the RHS and would make the steering pull to the left. :getmecoat: 

I crack myself up.🤣

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Thanks for the parts database link.

B082U5074K is also listed as only fitted on 1987 Esprits and onwards. Mine is a 1982 car.

This part looks like it would be very easy for me to model and make available to the community as I did with:

and:

If anyone is able to provide photographs and measurements of B082U5074K then I will produce a 3D printable model so that it will always be available.

Regards,
Keir

• Like 1