free hit
counters
Private Sale, sell or SOR? - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Private Sale, sell or SOR?

Colin P

• Gold FFM

Don’t write off Facebook marketplace even for a higher end car. My last toy pre Evora was a Merc SL that I paid a fair bit to advertise For Sale on Pistonheads and Autotrader over about a 6 week period and not a bite. I placed a free add on FB Marketplace after getting fed up with PH & AT and it sold at full asking within 48 hours. Not quite in the Evora price bracket I know but it still surprised me how easy it went through and the best bit of free price to advertise it.

965DE7F8-8710-49F4-A2C1-481E949571B7.jpeg

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@Colin P I advertised my 400 at £50k few months ago and it was bought by Hamilton Lotus (who I have my Emira order with) for just under 50k. They have it up for just under £55k but have had to mot and service (and of course give a warranty), but it didn't need any paint as was better than when I picked it up new since had it ceramic coated.

Giulia Veloce is a great choice, my wife got a new Stelvio Veloce in October and is as much fun to drive as a previous Macan GTS, although I can't help thinking she should have gone for the QV for the noise. The Giulia will be much better than the Stelvio which has great steering and runs mostly in rwd. 

eyJrZXkiOiJuZHN0b2NrL2ltYWdlcy9zdG9jay9h

Colin, if you think that an SLC is the way to go then defo take a long test drive. My wife has one (and yes the long bonnet and low splitter can be a problem for parking). It's a good GT car but not a sports car. We had an SLK55 at one point and even that handled like a boat! 

• Gold FFM

The SLC is basically a refreshed, rebadged SLK. The underpinnings are now over 11 years old and when it was the SLK it was hardly a sports car for the driver. I think you'll be severely disappointed by the perofrmance and most importantly the handling @Colin P which will be nothing like an Evora.  There are much, much better driver focused cars out there than the SLC which is basically a hairdressers car (safe, predictable, good looking, but not inspiring). I'd call it the Head & Shoulders option - safe but dull.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

@C8RKH It's already off the list.

I'm very much leaning toward replacing the main car with a Giulia at the moment and keeping the JCW as the second.

There are benefits in keeping the wife happy. 

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I sold my Evora via Lotus Silverstone.  Stopped my insurance once I drop it off. Had to get new tyres for the car and a service. They sold it with a fee of about £2.5k I think. Best to call them to get an idea from them.  For the cost I thought the service was excellent.  I also think when your talking a newer car at that price as purchaser will have more confidence in buying from a dealer.  As such I don't think your loose any money selling via a dealer.

All the Best

Greg

Well the guys at Hofmann's had a very good SOR offering, but also an extremely fair offer to buy it outright.

I decided to take the sticking plaster approach (and rip it off quickly) and just got back from dropping the car off with the cash in the bank.

A sad day, but the right decision.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Sorry for you loss :blink:

Cheeky S1 Elise until you find another car perhaps? :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Colin P said:

Well the guys at Hofmann's had a very good SOR offering, but also an extremely fair offer to buy it outright.

I decided to take the sticking plaster approach (and rip it off quickly) and just got back from dropping the car off with the cash in the bank.

A sad day, but the right decision.

The clean break approach is definitely the least painful.

I'll probably have a mooch down there at the weekend if it's out front, not in the market but always nice to see a nice special edition.

What is PH? I looked at auto trader already. They are either the weong color or automatic. I was hoping to get a red manual.

I found another Evora in silver that would be acceptable, except it is auto.

Anyone who owns an auto? Would like to hear their thoughts. I just can't imagine buying a sport car in auto.

P.S. I plan to drive my car, it will not be a garage queen.

• Gold FFM

PH = Pistonheads.

Auto a bit slow, 400 series much better than S. I would ultimately find IPS frustrating but it really is a very personal choice. Auto is not for me but I understand the appeal. 

I prefer manual to dual clutch also, so it's not just because the IPS is torque converter. 

Justin

1 hour ago, Spook said:

What is PH? I looked at auto trader already. They are either the weong color or automatic. I was hoping to get a red manual.

I found another Evora in silver that would be acceptable, except it is auto.

Anyone who owns an auto? Would like to hear their thoughts. I just can't imagine buying a sport car in auto.

P.S. I plan to drive my car, it will not be a garage queen.

Try one. I have always hated Autos too. My first Evora was a manual, the second (the one I sold yesterday) is an auto. On the road they really are great. 

I find the auto pretty good and if anything feels more like a mini super car to me. (Ferrari and Mclaren don’t do manual after all). I always find the auto on my Evora 400 better to drive than the dual clutch of the california T of my wife.

On 07/01/2022 at 14:01, Bibs said:

Sorry for you loss :blink:

Cheeky S1 Elise until you find another car perhaps? :D

I'd recommend an S2 Exige