free hit
counters
The 'One Owner from New' thread (>5 years) - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

The 'One Owner from New' thread (>5 years)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Had my Exige V6 from new, 7 years and 30,000 fun filled miles.

Unfortunately* will be going to Bell & Colvill anytime soon ... 

*to be replaced with a FE Elise.

Hats off to 22 years but a 340R is worth keeping.

Edited by TonyKL
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I'll have to wait another year as 4 years with my 410 Sport Evora, but at least I'm bloody using it as it is at 12k miles lol.... So about the same miles per year as you two have managed collectively in those cars.

4 years with mine in March as well. 16k, 11k in the first two years & then no travel abroad…

• Like 1

Two owned from new, one Lotus one other (and I'm not counting our daily appliance Volvo 60. Even though it is a very good appliance).

Elise purchased new in 2010, had the dealer add the factory supercharger. Now about 88,000 km.

Also a 1987 Merkur XR4Ti bought new in 1988. Was the daily driver for years, now my wife's car. About 285,000 km on it.

• Like 1

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

@jep, I forgot to add that if I somehow managed to get my hands on a 340R, and there are damn few if any of them in Canada, I'd hang to it until it becomes a contested item under my will. Even if I wasn't the first owner. Drive that car!

• Like 1

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

• Gold FFM

@calvandoes the 25 year rule as in USA work in Canada for cars? Or was 340R road legal already in your country?

340R was never road legal for USA, I don't think Elise S1 was either. S1 can now go to the States for 1996 build, 340R from 2025. 

Justin

The 340R was not certified for road use in Canada although it can be brought into the country now. Our equivalent of the US rule is more liberal as cars can be freely imported once they are 15 years old. After that it is a matter of getting the car compliant with provincial requirements to pass an inspection in order to be approved for road use. So it should be possible to bring a 340R in now.

Having said that, I am aware that Bell & Covill has a 340R listed for sale now. It looks good on the website and the price is quite reasonable by the standards of the current market in Canada. When concerted to CDN$ the price is not much more than what a couple of Vancouver dealers have listed Elise for in the past few months. Transport, duties and taxes would probably increase the landed cost by 30% or so but still within the realm of reasonable.

The problem I have with it is the hidden cost - if another Lotus follows me home now I really should factor in the cost of the divorce. 

• Like 1

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

• 5 months later...

Says its Scott Walker's car. Interesting to go for a test drive with him...

• Gold FFM

I think Scott suffers the same weaknesses as me...... clearly, he couldn't resist when this popped up last year. 

Keep or sell, either way, he'll have no regrets. 😃

Justin

1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

Says its Scott Walker's car. Interesting to go for a test drive with him...

Test drive? You’ll be lucky. It’s only been driven 29 miles in the past 12 years! You can take the test drive after you’ve handed over the cash!

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Test drive? You’ll be lucky. It’s only been driven 29 miles in the past 12 years! You can take the test drive after you’ve handed over the cash!

I'd be planning on several hot laps round Hethel.