free hit
counters
Can you put Exige induction kit on Evora ? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Can you put Exige induction kit on Evora ?

Reading a previous topic about Exige exhaust on Evora can I get the above ?

I know Greg’s racing parts in US do a well tested and used induction kit but I was wondering if Exige unit could be used maybe with small alteration ?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You seemed to have missed the first part of my post: “Fundamentally, no”. 

Seeing as Imran isn’t listing any Evora parts on his website, I’m guessing that he didn’t try to get it to work. 

If you look in the back of an Exige V6 then look in the back of your Evora, the major issue is very obvious. 

Discounting the Evora with the NA V6 engine,  the Exige and Evora both use the same supercharged engine don't they?   Only difference is the packaging surely?

I would think it would be possible to modify an Exige kit to fit an Evora.  Eg the Air filter, MAF sensor attachment and throttle body connection can stay the same, just the tubing in the middle to connect them up needs to change to fit the Evora engine.

If you are OK with the price and want an easy life get the GRP one.   I think its the same as the BOE fab one, which I have and I can highly recommend.  Improves the quality of the sound a lot and only increases it a little bit.

Otherwise in theory it should be possible to get a Exige V6 version working on an Evora with a but of modding.  I would have a chat with a Tuning company or Lotus independent as I think a Lotus dealership is most likely to just say "No" as its not an OEM part.

Try having a chat with Dave at ES Motorsport.

The pipe will need to be tuned to the correct dimensions, there's a fair bit of work into making one work correctly. The Evora MAP sensor is quite sensitive to laminar flow too. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It wasn’t Rod he took after me but I managed to keep it out of social media 

just ordered the BOE kit but as usual my luck ran out my credit card co declined the transaction as they thought it was fraudulent 

so now I have to check with card co if it’s definitely not gone and reorder 😞

Yes the delivery costs amounted to £175 almost half the cost of actual unit ! 
don’t see any other way but to pay and get the enjoyment once installed should had done it a couple of years back but hindsight 🤔

• Gold FFM

Alias23 is a hobby project so you may not get a quick response to enquiries.

I think it was Oliver Hardy, of Laurel and Hardy fame, who said: "I'm not getting married again, I'm just gonna find a woman I don't like and give her a house"

Justin

• Gold FFM
5 minutes ago, jep said:

I think it was Oliver Hardy

It was!  A huge L&H fan here and their lives are so interesting to read about.

To stay on topic, I do believe that if you look pipe through the thread on this subject that Alias23 setup, this exact question was asked.  In order to safely extract the best performance from his setup Alias23 went to great lengths to test his setups including positioning but also importantly the length and angle of the intake tube between the filter near the body vent and the engine air intake.  Questions were asked about direct fitment to the Evora but I am sure I read the answer was that it would not be advisable as the setup would need tuning (e.g. length of pipe, angles and position of things like the MAF sensor).  I'm no expert, but I would suggest that anyone thinking about this goes and reads the Alias23 threads first. The information is there.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Just had confirmation from BOE in US they have sorted my payment and the item is on its way across the big pond.

next issue I don’t have a tyre jack and or trolley to raise rear offside , also my driveway not level so trying to tap up some contact who can loan me equipment or I can use a garage ? 

It may be cable tied underneath too, access is via the wheel arch with the liner removed (or at least moved out of the way) if I remember correctly.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.