free hit
counters
Which Mobile Phone Holder ? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Which Mobile Phone Holder ?

Bling

• Gold FFM

I would like a mobile phone holder for my Esprit so I can use Waze (sat nav app) on my phone whilst driving.

What mobile phone holders do people use or have tried ? What would you recommend or equally, any type you would not ?

Thanks

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I fasten mine to the quarter light - not the windscreen. So I don't want one too long otherwise it interferes with the steering wheel, and you don't really want to use a phone larger than 6 inches. I've been using one like this by Taotronics for the last few years - however, it doesn't seem to be available any more.

image.png

There are similar designs on Amazon. Make sure it has a sticky gel pad rather than just a suction pad.

• Like 1

I bought this one from Argos, it moves around too much, 

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5323861?clickSR=slp:term:car phone mount:2:20:2

So have now removed most of a vent grill, threw away a few parts and mounted a holder to the grill directly. Have a spare vent so I can easily restore the interior when I need to. Does not move now.... Although this for one of the MG's

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I have a mount on the other side of the dashpod, attached to a an L-shape wedged between the top of the center console and the dashpod. It's used for an (old) satnav, but should work for a phone as well. I've routed the charging wire behind the dashpod so it's well out of the way.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

We have a magnetic holder on the driver's side quarter window, positioned as in the post by Gjk.

Works well, supports the phone up to extreme G-forces. 😇

https://www.amazon.com/SCOSCHE-MAGWDM-MagicMount-Universal-Magnetic/dp/B00I9I8WGY/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2DDJWQS00LTOJ&keywords=scosche+magic+mount&qid=1641909651&sprefix=scosc%2Caps%2C114&sr=8-4

• Like 1

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

I don't need my phone to drive, but made a temporary mount to slip on my G-car console for suction cup mounts.

I just cut it out of a piece of stainless, probably a tea tray or such that the wife won't miss.

GPS Mount (1).JPG

GPS Mount (8).JPG

GPS Mount (4).JPG

• Like 2