free hit
counters
Type 134 - Lotus Type 134 - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 134

eUKenGB

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not a lot of love for the 134 it would appear. Does anyone have any idea of what it might be like? All I've heard is "4 door coupe", but that's hardly definitive.

????

“You can’t have too many bikes"

Sorry, I don't keep up with things that much. Everything I know is from here and from much more knowledgable people then me.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Damn, too late to edit my previous post. I was obviously thinking of the 133 when I made the comment about 4 door coupe. However I'm keen to know more about all these future EV models.

“You can’t have too many bikes"

• 1 month later...

Now have to wait to see what the 134 looks like - a smaller version of yesterdays launch of the 132..

From the above video:

Type 133 = "Four door coupe" "will follow in a different vein - a lower product" "Still al lifestyle product"  

Type 134 = "Crossover" "Something different, newer" "a smaller crossover SUV"  

So will the 134 be something like a Rav4 or not that small?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Saw a reference somewhere to it being in the same sort of category/size as a Jeep Compass. ie a D segment vehicle?

D segment? I wish I knew what that meant.

I must be an automotive numpty.

Or, in the words of the inimitable Walter, DUMBASS!!!!!!!!

Thanks for that Keith. 

Yep, in terms of EV known/proven resources and competencies, Porsche is ahead and a known quantity, especially including dealerships. But they're suffering from their own success in my eyes, in that they can't do anything too extreme that compromises mass market appeal. This shows itself in their conservative styling and sterile sports cars (that aren't GT products). 

On the other hand, Lotus' key advantages for me are 1) their cutting edge and well executed styling and 2) their commitment to optimizing the driver engagement of their product. The latter point manifests itself in a more aggressively tuned vehicle but also in making decisions that prioritize what's best for the product/customer over the business, like for example using bonded aluminum instead of much easier to manufacture welds. Lotus has to go above and beyond to gain market share, and on the other hand Porsche has (one of?) the highest margins per vehicle sold in the entire industry. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Porsche just gave the media a first look at the Maccan EV that will reach market in two years. It looks like a Maccan for now at least

d19182a91634caa8ac3331e1160d3d39.jpg

It will not be very hard for lotus to one them up on design as Eletre one ups everything in the upper SUV segment imo. And when it comes to EV tech. If Type 134 gets the Eletre entry model 110KW/600bhp then it will be on par with this Maccan

19cc96e08b8e1fc010c80be4006fdf2e.jpg

Interior has not been unveiled but Type 134 will no doubt get Hyper OS and its user interface probably without the fancy motorized centre screen that should be just fine if it comes without the motorized system.

Mccan will be built using Rimac tech but Geely-Volvo tech appears to be more than up to the task when you look at the Polestar out there and Lotus can put its own spin on that. Type 134 will be a very worthy competitor in that premium compact/midsize segment especially if Lotus once again manages to price it aggressively.

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, NedaSay said:

Porsche just gave the media a first look at the Maccan EV that will reach market in two years. It looks like a Maccan for now at least

d19182a91634caa8ac3331e1160d3d39.jpg

My god, that looks horrendous. It's as if a Mini, a Fiat 500 and Nissan Juke had a threesome. 

They'll sell thousands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Signature not working...

1 minute ago, Mysterae said:

My god, that looks horrendous. It's as if a Mini, a Fiat 500 and Nissan Juke had a threesome. 

They'll sell thousands.

I'm guessing this is still a mule body but it is probably mostly there in terms of body shape. And yes they will sell like hot cakes because the Maccan does sell in silly numbers to all the soccer mums worlwide. I now live in Calgary and I see more Maccan than any other premium german baby carrier.