free hit
counters
Emira Delivery & OTR Costs - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Delivery & OTR Costs

E1M2I3R4A

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Mctaff said:

So put up the price of the car, don’t gouge me on OTR costs!

I agree they have a cost challenge - don’t we all with rampant inflation - but making me feel like I’m getting ripped off, on something as relatively small as this, feels like a poorly thought through decision.

Careful what you wish for!  Materials costs have increased 7% and labour 5%, so that could add a £5k inflation-justified hike on the V6 FE.

So far none of us have signed an order or contract at an agreed price.  We’ve just paid a deposit to be in a queue to make an order.  In theory Lotus could still change the price until 30 days before first June delivery, when the contract is signed. It would seem suicidal if they did increase it but holding the published prices for all of 2022 production in the current climate must be tricky.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ideally I would like to see a choice to collect from factory and no valet as I am in Norwich a lot and my car is going straight to single stage polish/ceramic coat. If I had the choice to not pay for the delivery or the valet that would be much appreciated. I don't mind if the collection is nothing fancy either if it saves me a decent amount of money, I can see the factory/track another day

I do understand this is a big operation though and there is a logistical cost to everything including specifically saying this one car is not to be valeted and is being collected from here

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TomE said:

Careful what you wish for!  Materials costs have increased 7% and labour 5%, so that could add a £5k inflation-justified hike on the V6 FE.

So far none of us have signed an order or contract at an agreed price.  We’ve just paid a deposit to be in a queue to make an order.  In theory Lotus could still change the price until 30 days before first June delivery, when the contract is signed. It would seem suicidal if they did increase it but holding the published prices for all of 2022 production in the current climate must be tricky.

For me personally I'm that guy they caught with their £60k price carrot in July, which in reality obviously was going to be £75k which is £80k OTR which I justified with my man maths, if it went up again I would probably have to leave it

• Like 2

I agree with @Emiralustthat having the option to not valet and pick up directly from factory with a lower OTR would be a great outcome.

Can anyone share how much Lotus or its dealers used to charge for OTR? Existing Lotus owners seem to be reluctant to share that figure.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Emiralust said:

Ideally I would like to see a choice to collect from factory and no valet as I am in Norwich a lot and my car is going straight to single stage polish/ceramic coat. If I had the choice to not pay for the delivery or the valet that would be much appreciated. I don't mind if the collection is nothing fancy either if it saves me a decent amount of money, I can see the factory/track another day

I do understand this is a big operation though and there is a logistical cost to everything including specifically saying this one car is not to be valeted and is being collected from here

They are actively looking at collect from factory as an option.  Ade and I were asked for our thoughts last week during our visit.  I get a sense they are considering a couple of options.  One would be a straightforward handover like you'd get at a dealer, with full instruction on the controls and infotainment etc then wave you off.  The second would be more of an experience, with potentially a tour of the factory (and maybe CTL too) plus some track time.  Nothing finalised yet but I'd hope a basic collect and drive is offered.

2 hours ago, Emiralust said:

For me personally I'm that guy they caught with their £60k price carrot in July, which in reality obviously was going to be £75k which is £80k OTR which I justified with my man maths, if it went up again I would probably have to leave it

We can all guess they are having a tough challenge on pricing the i4 FE and Base Editions/options.  Those prices will be for cars delivered in late 2022/early 2023.  A lot depends on how they've negotiated their supply agreements and how those were structured to take account of unexpectedly high demands.  We already know the demand has created a problem on supply of TDC marked steering wheels.  We'll know more in 2-3 months when they announce all the pricing.

2 hours ago, bbpxbbpx said:

I agree with @Emiralustthat having the option to not valet and pick up directly from factory with a lower OTR would be a great outcome.

Can anyone share how much Lotus or its dealers used to charge for OTR? Existing Lotus owners seem to be reluctant to share that figure.

I'm not sure anyone is being reluctant, just no one has responded yet to a question posted 12 hours ago.  I have never bought a new Lotus, only nearly new, so can't comment on previous OTR charges.  Hopefully someone will pop along soon and share their experience.

• Gold FFM

I think the Emira £1,045 figure includes the first registration fee (not the year 1 road tax) and that's £55, so apples to apples would be £925 + £1,700 for your Exige.

In this case, maybe Lotus hasn't done anything differently on OTR for Emira. It is just done differently in this marquee. Apologise for my ignorance. 

As Lotus tries to attract people from other marquees, it helps to have the cost layout upfront to avoid surprises. The OTR cost has nothing to do with the type approval so perhaps can be shared earlier.

I still think that having the option to not valet and collect from factory at a reduced OTR will enhance the buying experience. 

35 minutes ago, TomE said:

I think the Emira £1,045 figure includes the first registration fee (not the year 1 road tax) and that's £55, so apples to apples would be £925 + £1,700 for your Exige.

Small beer but looks like £55 reg fee is separate to £1,045, so overall means 20% increase over 4 years which I guess is not unreasonable given what’s happened in those 4 years. Unless you’d expect economies of scale to impact cost per car. 5% overall price hike would indeed be a lot more painful!

• Like 1

On-the-road Costs
Includes delivery to a Lotus Agent for your collection, or delivery to your home address or place of work in the UK, cost of number plates, a full tank of fuel, pre-delivery inspection and valet.
  £1,045
Road Fund Licence   £1,910
Registration Fee   £55

£3010 total for “extras”

• Gold FFM

Got to smile when reading comments like “Day Light Robbery, Ripped Off and Profiteering” somewhat OTT. I seriously doubt that Lotus will actually be making anything on their first years full production and maybe longer. Even without them (as all other manufacturers) knowing of the increased costs coming their way. It will be really difficult to stick within a 2021 published starting price of under £60k and wouldn’t at all be surprised if the FE i4 price will be closer to the V6 than anticipated. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
19 hours ago, bbpxbbpx said:

Porsche charges nothing to prepare the new car and offer half day experience for free at the Porsche experience centre at Silverstone.

I’ve heard it all now “Porsche charges nothing” Porsche are the most profitable ( by unit sold ) car company in the world. Porsche GB just choose to wrap the prep/delivery and Silverstone costs within the published retail dealer price and they show the OTR separately. Whereas some manufacturers include the full OTR price. Three different approaches but all certainly charge it.

• Like 1

On 26/01/2022 at 01:08, bbpxbbpx said:

For those who has experience buying new from Lotus, was OTR always charged separately and not included with the listed price?

Yes it was always separate on an Exige, and I got just 1/4 tank of fuel...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1