free hit
counters
Possibility to drive an EMIRA before you take delivery... - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Possibility to drive an EMIRA before you take delivery...

DaveC72

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Great news.  I'm not sure if they'll be able to offer it until June when the first customer cars are released, unless there's a way they can use cars that aren't type approved?  But they're giving cars to the press before then, so it may be doable.

I was planning to do Silver licence this year anyway, so doing it in an Emira will be excellent.

• Gold FFM

Did the full 3 day course back in July 2019. Really great, time and money well spent. When they switch to Emira I’ll do it again, just not in mine though 😖

• Like 1

That's both awesome and a bit of a shame. I didn't realise how obscenely fast a bone stock (so they told me) Exige could be until the instructor took me on a physics defying ride around the track. It's a shame new customers will miss out on that. That said, I'll probably book onto it for the Emira too :)

Hi Dave, I think your facts are right via the OH as my son who has just taken delivery of one of the last Exige 350's was enquiring about the school courses at the back end of last year hoping to do it in an Exige and looks like he is going to be disappointed. As we were trying to pin down dates with me to do at the same time I wasn't so upset.  You win some and lose some!   I also see old school cars have been up for sale.  I think somebody also said it was going from being a franchised operation to in house although no doubt the instructor pool shouldn't change significantly.

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

It's not longer entirely contracted by a third party, the contract ran out and wasn't renewed. It'll be in-house but I believe run by an external agency on a day-to-day basis. Instructors will more than likely stay the same. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Agh, if I lived near Hethel I would so ask to work there, preferably in sales/marketing and as a part-time track instructor and development driver 😊

• Haha 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel