free hit
counters
V8 Chargecooler Again - Page 2 - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

I read this thread for the first time, I have added chargecoolers to my 1997 V8

here is a picture,

-Marcus

That looks very much like a

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Yup this is based on Claudius's kit, I did make some changes however from things I learnt from supercharging my Porsche 928, in our wonderful stop and go traffic here in Los Angeles (before you get to the open road) not having a coolant radiator with fans on it I found the system would heat up, so instead of using the radiator in his kit I used a Setrab dual fan oil cooler, I can switch on the fans from the dash and force the air to pass through the radiator there by cooling the system even if I'm stopped, some may say that's over kill but I find the whole system runs much cooler

The connection between the coolers/turbo's and throttle body are indeed silicon, there are plenty of places that make this stuff, I forget now where Claudius got these ones but for my Porsche I found the ones I needed at Turbonectics,

http://www.turboneticsinc.com/products/ind...?category_id=30

-Marcus

I have now decided not to go ahead with the chargecooler project. I have a pair of brand new chargecoolers for sale if anyone wants them going cheap. They are the same shape and size and Mike Sekinger's chargecoolers. Pm me for details. There's a spare boot floor too!

chargecooler008.jpg

Edited by superdavelotus

Hi all, im a newbie in here and the owner of #23 SPORT 350. I have various upgades an am looking at chargecooling. I have seen Mikes picks of the work he has carried out :lol: and want to know where I can get the same work carried out???

Richie

Hi There,

I am currently doing this project at the moment (and sourced the chargecoolers for Dave and myself. As you will see from the post Dave is now no longer doing the mod so his coolers are for sale. They are very nice quality. Hopefully I'm going to get mine completed before the end of the year. It is quite an undertaking though and there are quite a few headaches involved as you will see from some of the posts on here.

Worth it when it's finished though.

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Hi all, im a newbie in here and the owner of #23 SPORT 350. I have various upgades an am looking at chargecooling. I have seen Mikes picks of the work he has carried out :unworthy: and want to know where I can get the same work carried out???

Richie

After my engine rebuild has been completed, I

Edited by mike_sekinger

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

Mike hey, wat`s going on here?!

minimise the risk of a faulty turbo by one?

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

[quote name='G

the pictures from factory cars show a big single turbo, looks like a kind of truck part.

PM me if you need such stuff ; maybee i can disasemble one from a 13L Dieseltruck :unworthy:

Edited by G

You

Yep - that might do it....... :unworthy:

Edited by mike_sekinger

and what is it?

looks more like a engergyplant, a turbine from a power station, who can supply energy for a complete town...?!

Dave,

Have PM'd you re the coolers.

I already have the boot floor out again ,so whilst in there I might as well.....

Plus I cant devalue my car anymore surely!

Richard

Sport 350

looks like a oxigin pump or something. not a exhaus-turbo, it is not conectet to a turbine wheel, it is only the compression side; right?!

Gunter,

Don't forget Mike is a lucky bugger and has the genuine race car to source off anyway. I wouldn't be surprised to see some more major upgrades attached to the wee beast either to cope with the extra output!!!

I guess we can have a good look at the Hethel meet.

Looking forward to seeing both the cars mike. (I will have a tape measure handy LOL.)

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

wish i could come to see the car run in its homeland. But it is not possible to do it in the next time, it is not about the engine rework time that mike anounces , just that i need creditcards to book tikets and to pay for the tunnel. I'm also involved in some work for my ethanol mod.

And most important , some exams for my studdies!

But the Autobahn A9 from Berlin to Munich is a good road for fast trips(can recoment the *Dessau-Wolfen* area, if you want to reef your car srait up the road, not limitet for several miles in some parts of this road!), maybee i can meet mike in Bavaria... :thumbsup:

Edited by G