free hit
counters
Cost of living! - Page 13 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Cost of living!

Bibs

45 minutes ago, Frickin_idiot said:

The interest payments on government debt is astronomical.

Nearly £20,000,000,000 a month.

If we ran our finances like the govt did we'd all be in real trouble very soon! 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
6 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Nearly £20,000,000,000 a month.

If we ran our finances like the govt did we'd all be in real trouble very soon! 

Staggering, to all intents and purposes the country is bankrupt. We’ve had a decade a economic growth with very low unemployment yet we are still broke…

When you analyse the amount of tax paid it is perplexing how we run our finances so poorly. 

Saw this comment today on another forum. Certainly quite a bit of truth in there.

We do live in a country which seems to prioritise non-working people compared to hard working people.

You're better off claiming back pain for the rest of your life when taking into account all the benefits you can claim than working as a junior doctor or nurse in the NHS. Let that sink in for a minute.

• Love 1

£5102. We finally sat down and calculated our outgoings, including food, supporting an unemployed single mom daughter and all our bills. Thats our monthly Minimum needed to survive.

Started cutting it down. Cancelled Apple TV, Playstation Live and all game subs, 2 x Gym memberships and upped my kids rent!

Just another £4820 a month to go!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

48 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Thats our monthly Minimum needed to survive.

Wow!!! That's a lot.

27 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Wow!!! That's a lot.

Tell me about it! Our Council Tax, Electricity and Water alone come to over £600!

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

2 hours ago, pete said:

Still another 1200 pound a week to account for

Mortgage of £170k which, because of our age we could only get over 12 years. Sky TV, Prime, Netflix, Disney+, Household and business insurance (for Art and my little sideline), 4 cars, New Kitchen & tiled floor. Expensive Pensions worth Shit all, (They're £700 a month between us). Daughters Rent (3 bed house) Food for 6 (sometimes 7 if the other daughter is skint), Far too much alcohol and not the cheap stuff, Holidays, Pets I could go on and on.

I know some of those are avoidable and many will have to go very shortly as my job, due to car supply (or Lack of) is paying £50k a year less since June than in the last 10 years. Plus Wendys wage won't exist as shes taking early retirement next year at 55.

• Gold FFM

Holy feckin shit.  Do you sleep at night?

Anyhow, I need to train a successor for Lotus work, and you're just the kind of guy I'm looking for.  How are your mechanical skills?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Latest monthly electric bill £718 😟

Admittedly that is running the air con in the cattery as well as the air source heat pump heating the swimming pool to 31.5 degrees :smoke:

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

The BBC interviewed a

7 hours ago, Dan E said:

It riled me the other day watching the news with a lovely young single lady with 5 kids saying she couldn't afford to feed them all.

Out trumped!  I watched the BBC interview a single mother to 8 kids, who happens to be a 'student'.  Again, she doesn't know how she'll cope.   TBH she needn't worry, cos I assume everyone else will just continue paying for her....

I know I shouldn't be amused (and I wont be when this starts to bite), but all these folk interviewed in the middle of a heatwave making a decision to heat or eat... before the energy cap has been significantly impacted.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, RobinB5 said:

We have electric only, no gas. We're with EDF that provide nice usage graphs:

image.png.76b49a287fa46005421f38e549c52598.png

To put this in perspective, my July electric bill was ~£120. Come winter my consumption will be ~5 time higher. With the increase in Kwh costs now forthcoming, I'm budgeting for ~£800/month over the winter months. About the same as my mortgage. To mitigate these costs I'm:

1. Going to further insulate the roof/attic
  2. Cut enough wood to furnish the woodburners in 2 of my rooms for the entire winter period
  3. Wear gloves
  4. Wear jumpers
  5. Make and consume more cider to confound our livers to better manage internal body temperature
  6. Go to sleep earlier and wake up later
  7. Create some kind of nose warmer that doesn't look like an IRA suspect's balaclava to wear in bed. 
  8. Make and consume more cider
  9. Make and consume more cider

Think that should do it!

My electric bill was £58. Wtf are you doing with that energy?  That includes 2 cars on permanent battery chargers. Me working from home with pc, laptop and 4 screens being powered from 0730 to 2200. Etc...

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way.