free hit
counters
Evora IPS Shift paddles. - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora IPS Shift paddles.

I wonder if anyone can give me an answer. My 2015 Evora S IPS has a very stiff change-up paddle on the steering wheel. It has now got to the point where its doesn’t work, it feels completely different to the other paddle which works fine, so I guess there’s something broken with the mechanism. Can the paddles and associated mechanism be replaced, or do you have to change the entire steering wheel.  So far I have been unable to have any definitive response..so, help wanted please!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ta-da!

Part number for the left one is B132M4027F and the right one is B132M4028F.

I'd unscrew it and give it a good clean first :)

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

My 'up' paddle is also a bit stiff but not bad enough to change yet.  Link below is to instructions from our US cousins.

The full how-to includes taking off the steering wheel, but towards the end he says it might be possible to remove the switch without taking off the wheel.  The paddles are held in with two screws through the rear of the wheel so with the right length screwdriver that might be possible. Have a look at the pics and let me know if you try it..

https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/diy-ips-paddle-shift-switch-replacement-guide.486608/

Thanks Spanky.. That’s excellent.  I’ll get on and order the required parts..  Anyone recommendations for the best place to get the parts from?

On 04/02/2022 at 19:41, Bibs said:

66437_1601656818_Service_Parts_List_Evor

Ta-da!

Part number for the left one is B132M4027F and the right one is B132M4028F.

I'd unscrew it and give it a good clean first :)

OK, So next question.  Any recommendations please for the best place to buy the parts?

But if you follow the link to the actual part is says not available??

Table Number: 17_04
Position: 01
Part Number: B132M4027F
Description: Switch Paddle, downshift LH
Notes:  
Qty on Car: 1
Price (each)134.75 £134.75
Condition: New
Stock: Factory Order

This part is no longer available.

Well that's not good - considering they're common to all IPS and 4xx auto cars from the start of production to date.....

Same answer for the other side. 

Looking on the lotus parts web site - which seems only available for the US customers, I was led to believe that if this site lists it then it may be still available?

https://parts.lotuscars.com/p/Lotus__/SWITCH-PADDLE-UPSHIFT-RH/62889216/B132M4028F.html

Maybe the parts are on back order and Lotus will re-source the manufacturer (like they are doing for Evora door lock problems (- see another thread..)

As there are auto Evoras still under warranty. Think there is a new one still listed.

Bibs has access to the  factory stock levels.

I'm at the factory tomorrow with aftersales, I'll ask when I'm there :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Both parts are available on a when they're gone, they're gone basis and there's currently plenty in stock at Lotus. I can source these no problem if anyone wants them, pop me a PM and I'll sort the details. 

Evora NA

Due in at the end of the month. No news on why they were delayed or numbers expected but it looks all good for the delivery at present. I should get notified when they arrive. 

Evora NA

32 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Due in at the end of the month. No news on why they were delayed or numbers expected but it looks all good for the delivery at present. I should get notified when they arrive. 

End of February 2022? 🙂  That would be great and I'll pop that info across to the other thread - thanks very much!

• Like 1

Yup 👍

• Like 1

Evora NA

Left Hand - B132M4027F

Right Hand - B132M4028F

:thumbup:

• Like 2

Evora NA

• 3 months later...

Thread resurrection and a question for @Breeze and anyone else that's attempted this.   Was it possible to replace the switch without removing the steering wheel?

My left switch gave up today - It's become slightly wobbly and is sticking on preventing me from manually shifting.  £135 quid a side is more than a little pricey for what they are but I'm inclined to change both while I'm at it.

Bibbs, I'll drop you a line to see if you can sort these for me.

• Like 1

Happy to help. I'm putting in a parts order at the factory tomorrow :)

Evora NA

Thanks Bibbs. Straight after posting I decided to have a quick look and yes, the IPS switches can be removed in about 3 minutes without taking the airbag and wheel off:

1) Turn the steering wheel so the switch is at 12 o'clock 2) Adjust wheel rake to move the wheel up 3)  Remove the two screws on the back side of the wheel using a stubby #2 posidrive screwdriver 4) Withdraw switch and disconnect the plug by depressing the catch on it.

Good new over, the switch plastic casing is broken.  The paddle is cast metal but the switch body is brittle cheap plastic. Pics below show the side that's broken and what it should look like.  Not great for £137 really.

There's a thread on Lotustalk where someone repaired the same fault with a metal bracket.  I'll have a proper look tomorrow but will most likely have to replace it.

20220522_200520.thumb.jpg.59703df7f9c453b4484dfad774b36841.jpg

20220522_200512.jpg

20220522_200506.jpg