free hit
counters
Mixing Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect with non-Connect - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Mixing Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect with non-Connect

Hey folks, at some point I really will get around to posting in the intro section!

Quick one for you in the meantime, I'm mostly through my rear Cup 2's but copious amounts of tread remains on the fronts. Given regular Cup 2's don't seem to be easily available, is it ok to mix things up and put Connect's on the rear but leave non-Connect's on the front?

As I understand it the Connect's are a different compound and have 20% greater tread depth, hence the question....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have done exactly as you mention, I haven’t noticed any issues. Feel the same and the cars balance didn’t feel different. Note this is mainly street driving with occasional (not timed)  track day.

• Like 1

I have 215 connect FR and 295 non connect RR and no issue on track or road

The depth was around 5/5.5mm for both so don't expect to have more with the connects