free hit
counters
I shouldn't be alive!!! on YouTube - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

I shouldn't be alive!!! on YouTube

ramjet

Just started watching these after the son said that some were pretty good. The one I am watching at the moment is so annoying that if I could, one of the guys from this one, would not be alive. Absolute bloody idiot.

Not a good open water kayaker. 4 hours late and him and his mate start paddling at night. They both have head torches. (Remember this. It is important) Caught in a storm and could not make the beach they wanted. All of his dry gear in his dry bag is soaking wet. They start the next day to paddle back the way they came into a storm. The guy's kayak just fills with water as they're paddling and then his mate leaves him to get help. Guy gets turned over by the waves and that is the end of him in the kayak. Makes no attempt to get back in, decides to swim the rest of the way. The current that he will be up against moves at twice the speed of the fastest human swimmer in the world. Starts swimming. Sees a boat obviously searching for him and that is when his narration says, "I should have brought my head torch or my flashlight with me." YA THINK!!!!! Coast Guard discover his kayak with a paddle on an island, so everyone thinks that's where he is. Then the realisation hits that the paddle with the kayak is the second storm paddle and once they look through the kayak, they realise that his gear is still in it so he obviously isn't where the kayak is. Ends up getting to the last bit of land after seeing a lighthouse by swimming before being swept out into the Pacific. Ends up on an island and not the land where he can get to the lighthouse. Decides to start swimming and then turns around to look where he came from and there is a search helicopter looking for him. Gets to the land that the lighthouse is on. Lighthouse is abandoned.

Someone hand me a gun. I'll help him.

Eventually gets picked up and flown to hospital. Both guys are weekend warriors.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I’m starting to think that nobody likes me?

That, or I just start crappy topics. 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Starting? 😜

I think the issue is more that the rest of us are trying to figure out how someone with the apparent common sense of a sea urchin could manage to paddle a kayak in the first place. Or is it possible that he tried to start a fire onboard to keep warm and discovered the truth in the old adage that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.

• Haha 1

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

• Gold FFM

Sounds like a good entry for the Darwin awards!

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.