free hit
counters
Introducing Lotus Advanced Performance - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Introducing Lotus Advanced Performance

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Is this the new Lotus Sport/Racing umbrella brand or is it the new M, SVO or AMG division of Lotus?

Are they really going to produce a CanAm racer using Elemental (Emira platform) and fit it with a chrome roll hoop and that wing?

Edited by NedaSay
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NedaSay said:

Are they really going to produce a CanAm racer using Elemental (Emira platform) and fit it with a chrome roll hoop and that wing?

I suspect that falls under:

• Halo projects – ultra-exclusive and unique vehicles that expand the Lotus product portfolio in exciting new directions
  • Like 1

Looking forward to the Lotus Driving academy being up and running again.  Really enjoyed my time there in the past.  Its been a few years since I've been on the track and would welcome a little refresher course at LDA before venturing out on my own.

• Like 2

"Lotus Advanced Performance" ?

I see no mention of anything specifically addressing that heading for non-competition cars. (At three times the price, irrelevant.)  Things like editions where low weight - remember? - is a key aim, with power curves aimed at drivers who appreciate performance.  Could call them editions "For The Drivers".

What I see are:

Halo Projects: for multi-millionaires

Limited Editions: “to stand out from the crowd”. Meaning highly decorated?

Bespoke: “colours, trims, materials”.  As Limited Editions, above.

Experiential: to experience the Lotus brand”: Amusing stuff but let’s have cars worth experiencing rather than looking at.

Driving Academy: Excellent!! But let’s have cars worth experiencing rather than merely being tolerable on track – light weight comes into it. (Hint: "For The Drivers".)

PS: Bibs, has there been a slip-up in that announcement?  No mention of TLF?  No “halo, ultra-exclusive, high-spec, limited, bespoke, experiential” section? (Not that I'd be let in!)

• Like 2

Sounds all well and good and very exciting. But my glass-half-empty spidey sense picks up a Dany-esque catering to the posh (anyone for a T125?). Will be waiting to see the "trickle down" effect on the non-posh.